Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACKOUT - YOUR REVIEWS

+12
Starryeyed
doctorsup
NayaBania6
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
TBGxBDG
Synchronicity
winksniper
ErickAutumn
Papermoon
ThomasW
ghitgo
Sneakglove
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BLACKOUT - YOUR REVIEWS Empty BLACKOUT - YOUR REVIEWS

Post by Sneakglove Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:59 am

Please review the new album here!!

It would be nice if you could give each song a mark out of 10 and say a little about it. Then at the end add all the scores up to give a total score for the album. For example, if you gave each song 9 out of 10, with 13 songs the total score for the album would be 117.

01 BLACKOUT
02 BLACK DARK NIGHT
03 I'M SICK OF THIS PLACE
04 TALK TO ME
05 BLUE DAISY
06 BREAK FREE
07 GOING UNDER GROUND
08 WHIRL WIND
09 SPRING GATE
10 SONG 2 (COVER)
11 I JUST CAN'T BREATHE
12 LIKE YESTERDAY
13 BLUE SUNRISE

Last edited by Sneakglove on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BLACKOUT - YOUR REVIEWS Empty Re: BLACKOUT - YOUR REVIEWS

Post by ghitgo Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 am

Couldn't wait, here is my lil' ole review:

1. BLACKOUT
Really good song, sounds exactly like what I thought it would be, a updated buri guri song. A great title track. Score:9

2. BLACK DARK NIGHT
Just WOW. Sounds like a lost I Kill My Heart song, except if heavenly6 was a seperate person and she let Tommy sing on this song. This guitar is amazing and her vocals are top notch. Score:10

3. I'm sick of this place
A nice uptemo song, in m opinion would fit right in with Los Angeles or perhaps The Winter Album.
Score:9

4. Talk to me
Holy crap, the opening guitar is AMAZING!!!!!! Sounds kinda like a punk rock song. If she changed her vocals, this could easily be a heavenly6 song. I swear i will make you smile is an amazing line! Score:10

5. Blue Daisy
I think I've already said how amazing this song is. Score:10

6. Break Free
Ooh, an acoustic song. They were born to do acoustic songs. Leaders' guitar work is excellent, Tommys' vocals are so emotional and just wonderful. The chorus is beautiful and haunting. Score:10

7. Going Underground
Another nice, well executed, uptempo song. It sounds like classic buri guri, which is both a positive and a negative, but here it is more of a positive.Score:9

8. WHIRLWIND
Great drums, Tommys' voice is really nice and the guitar is pretty good. Score:9

9. Spring Gate
This was my 3rd favorite buri guri song until i heard tracks 4 and 6. Score:10

10. Song 2
I got my head checked.............. WOO-HOO! Score:10

11. I Just Can't Breathe...
I love this song. That is all. Score:10

12. LIKE YESTERDAY
I was never in love with this song, but Tommy sings so well on it, She is super sexy in the PV, and it is the last Ryo Sad single. Score:9

13. BLUE SUNRISE I love her voice here, but it's not one of my favorites. But it does fit really well as the album closer. Score:8

Overall Score: 123
While it hasn't topped the majestic Terra 2001, it is an absolutely amazing album.
The 2 standout new tracks are Talk to me and Break Free. If you're on the fence about this album, you need to jump off the fence, hop in your motor car and race home to purchase this as fast as possible.

Last edited by ghitgo on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 10 times in total
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:43 pm

I listened to the album today on my way to work... Now let's talk a lil' bit bout the tracks!

1. BLACKOUT
GREAT opening for the album. It's a little heavy and with a nice growth towards the chorus... Tommy's voice is so sweet here and the melody is catchy. I think this song is like a BuriGuri Version for "Wait till I can dream", I think both songs are similar in some way. One of my favorites!
Score: 9

2. BLACK DARK NIGHT
An upbeat song, but I think this one is weaker than the previous one. Still a good song, but it sounds a lot "heavely-ish" specially on the bridge.
Score: 7

3. I'm sick of this place
A very sweet melody, reminds me of older BuriGuri hits, but with a quicker beat.
Score: 8

4. Talk to me
This has a more punk pop sound, I guess... which is not bad. I love the lyrics, the chorus is stuck in my mind until now. I can imagine Tommy singing and dancing to this live, it must be so cute!

5. Blue Daisy
Previously released.

6. Break Free
Ok, this one... is just... A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! Man, a stripped down song, totally acoustic... Tommy's voice is inaltered and sounds better than ever (I think she sounds amazing singing lower tones). The melody is calm but it sounds really intense. My favorite, for sure.
Score: 10

7. Going Underground
When I first listened to the song, it didn't say much to me... I think it's one of those songs that needs time to grow within you. This one is almost pure rock n' roll, and, comparing to the others, the arrangement reminds me most of The Beatles. A very nice and calm song.

8. WHIRLWIND
It's not a bad song, but I don't know, for me it lacks strength. It's just monotone.
Score: 6

9. Spring Gate
Previously released.

10. Song 2 (Blur cover)
Tommy doing the "woo-hoo"'s is just so funny! She's so cute and her voice is so girlish for this song... I like the cover because it's still Tommy, in the end it's not that bad.
Score: 7,5

11. I Just Can't Breathe..
Previously released.
Score: 8,5

12. LIKE YESTERDAY
Previously released.

13. BLUE SUNRISE
Previously released.

ALBUM SCORE: 105
Definetely not a bad album, I like it a lot! Not my favorite, but certainly adorable. <3
The only thing I miss is "It really makes my day!"... it's my favorite b-side =/
ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:42 pm

^ Thanks for the review. More reviews, please. I can't wait to listen to the album.
Papermoon
Papermoon

Female Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-02-26

http://b-r-i-s-e-l.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm

I'll post a full review later, but for now I'm just gonna say that I really love "I'm Sick of This Place".
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Male Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-08-03

https://ericairline.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Unsurprisingly, I liked it a lot more than I thought. At this point I should probably be spending my time on classes than TBG, but I'll suffice it to say that it is another great TBG album. Way to go!
winksniper
winksniper

Female Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 pm

1. BLACKOUT = 9 out of 10
2. BLACK DARK NIGHT = 9 out of 10
3. I'm sick of this place = 10 out of 10
4. Talk to me = 10 out of 10
5. Blue Daisy = 10 out of 10
6. Break Free = 10 out of 10
7. Going Underground = 10 out of 10
8. WHIRLWIND = 9 out of 10
9. Spring Gate = 10 out of 10
10. Song 2 = 10 out of 10
11. I Just Can't Breathe... = 10 out of 10
12. LIKE YESTERDAY = 10 out of 10
13. BLUE SUNRISE = 8 out of 10
Total = 125 out of 130

I also posted a review on my blog.
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 pm

ThomasW wrote:9. Spring Gate

You're officially considered crazy in my book. Very Happy
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 pm

1. Blackout: I really like it! It's a nice upbeat and catchy song for them. The chorus is great. It made me really excited to hear the rest of the album! 9 only 'cause there are better songs on the album.

2. Black Dark Night: Another really good song. Really rock for The Brilliant Green. It's almost Heavenly esque. Or let me put it this way; if this was on a Heavenly album I wouldn't be thrown off, but that's not a bad thing at all. In fact it's like a refined Heavenly song. I'm jamming to it hard core. 10

3. I'm Sick of this Place: Talk about starting off the album awesome! Heavenly stock song? I don't know about stock. This one is as good as Black Dark Night, but I like that one better. 9

4. Talk To Me: This is a nice upbeat song. It's not as good as the first three in my opinion, but it's not bad by any means. 7

5. Blue Daisy: My favorite single from the album. Of course it's gorgeous just the intro is amazing. At first I though it didn't mesh well with the rest of the album though, but I kind of feel like it was actually being used as an introduction into the second softer part of the album. 10

6. Break Free: Holy crap this song is gorgeous! It's like The Night had Pleasant time only...better. I can see myself listening to this song while watching the stars. Amazingly beautiful! 10

7. Going Underground: Wow, I feel like I'm going too easy saying ANOTHER song is outstanding, but here I am. ANOTHER SONG IS AMAZING. Honestly the verses, bridge and pre-chorus are a baby bit too weak for me, but the chorus is easily one of the best on the album. 9

8. Whirlwind: Cool intro, and even cooler total song. This is probably tied with Black Dark Night as favorite song on the album (Break Free as a close third). Everything's perfect about this song in my opinion. So cool swift and catchy! 10

9. Spring Gate: Best B-side by far. It's funny because pre the album I know I though it was amazing,and would be one of the best of the whole album, but honestly compared tot he rest of the album it's not the best. It's still good, but not the best. 8

10. Song 2: I heard this song before I got the whole album today while in school and thought it was great, but the same thing as Spring Gate. Not nearly as good as the other songs overall. Too short, and the Woohoo's are too high pitched. Also way rockier than the rest of the album, but I do really enjoy it none the less. 7

11. I Just Can't Breath...: This one took a bit of time to grow on me at first, but it's a great song. It doesn't seem as good listening to the rest of the album, and I have to stand by my first thought of it being a not as good rehash of Blue Daisy. I love it still though as harsh as that last comment sounds! 8

12. Like Yesterday: It's good, but doesn't suite the rest of the album in my opinion. It's like Stand By Me, awkwardly in a realm between pop and acoustic like rock. My least favorite single. 7

13. Blue Sunrise: I always though this song was boring. I know it's supposed to be slow, and pretty, but I just get bored and want to listen to Whirlwind again. 5

So overall...I don't know if this is the excitement talking, but I really want to say this is my favorite album by them...Like it's like the rock side to the pop-rock that is The Winter Album. I love Terra 2001, but it's a bit too silly at times, and Los Angeles grew on me hardcore, but is still not their best, and their debut's shining moments were great, but the rest was a bore. Honestly there are no new songs I plan on skipping.

1.Blackout
2.The Winter Album
3.Terra 2001
4.Los Angeles
5.The Brilliant Green.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 am

For me, this is at least their 2nd best album, Terra 2001 being my favorite. But that could very well change............ Question
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:20 am

I got the lowest scores for the album so far, am I too mean? hahaha
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:35 am

No, that just means you don't have Tommy on the brain. If you cracked open my skull, A bunch of mini Tommys would fall out.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:00 am

ghitgo wrote:No, that just means you don't have Tommy on the brain. If you cracked open my skull, A bunch of mini Tommys would fall out.

Hahahaha... well, I guess maybe if you opened my brain one half would be a heavenly6 brain and the other would be february6 brain...
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 am

Wow, the review scores are amazing so far. I really hope mine arrives today!!! I haven't read the reviews yet, just glanced at the scores, and seeing Synchronicity's scores so high is great, because I know she can be quite harsh sometimes (in a good, non bias way). I wan't to listen first time with a clear mind, so I will read your wonderful words after I write my review.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Here's my official review.

BLACK DARK NIGHT, I'M SICK OF THIS PLACE, BLACKOUT, TALK TO ME I've grouped these all together for a reason: I love them all, and give them all tens, but I feel like they belong on a Heavenly6 album instead of a Buriguri album. Specifically, I love TALK TO ME... "I swear I will make you smile"... 10

BLUE DAISY One of my favorite singles. 10
BREAK FREE Classic Buriguri acoustic. Very well done. 9

GOING UNDER GROUND Please don't say her name, I don't wanna hear about her, I want you to say she's just a friend baby... I love it. The end annoys me (I feel like it would sound better with the chorus repeating into fade instead of the typical dragged out end). 9.9

WHIRL WIND I LOVE THIS SONG. 10

SPRING GATE One of my favorite b-sides. 10

SONG 2 (COVER) I like it, but I find Tommy's "woohoo"s and her lack of annunciation (I understand she's not a native English speaker, but sometimes I feel like she picks and chooses which songs to annunciate in and which ones not to. I don't understand half of what she's saying here.) somewhat annoying. 7

I JUST CAN'T BREATHE, LIKE YESTERDAY, BLUE SUNRISE
Again, grouped for a reason. I love the singles and the B-side. Plain and simple. Tens each. 10

Overall, a really great album, but it still doesn't sound like classic buriguri (without Ryo, it never can). I love it.
winksniper
winksniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:11 am

These reviews are mainly positive, I just can't wait to hear it. Smile
Papermoon
Papermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:04 am

Please arrrive today my precious....

Anyway, a little off subject, I can't believe none of us realised by now!! The 'fake' drummer and bass player from the last 2 PV's are the same as the ones from the "I KILL MY HEART" PV'S!!! James & JJ. Look deep under that make-up and you will see the truth (Plus they have the same name). The only person missing is Jimi, who is following and being followed by JJ on Twitter.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:56 am

Ok My review at last.
going
Bearing in mind that any song would have to be DAMN GOOD to get a 10 from me. I don't just dish them out randomly. A 10 would be - Sono Speed De, Angel Song, Hello Another Way, Forever To Me, Angel Song, MISTER MOON, Brownie the Cat etc etc. And so I am going to work from that base.

01 BLACKOUT
A great opening, reminds me of a mix between THE LUCK STARS and I'm in Heaven, which is great. Lovely singalong melodies, which is buriguri's main strength. A great start - 9

02 BLACK DARK NIGHT
Am I listening to the Los Angeles album by mistake? Almost sounds like it could be. Pure rock this is, but very Heavenly lyrics and vocals I agree with ghitgo, very I KILL MY HEART. For this reason it gets an 8

03 I'M SICK OF THIS PLACE
Nice feel and energy to this song. Make me feel happy inside. The song gets better as it progresses. 8

04 TALK TO ME
Doesn't song like a TBG song at all. Not like any other buriguri song. Very Th6. A good singalong song. 7

05 BLUE DAISY
This changes the tempo and atmosphere perfectly, just as Angel Song did on Los Angeles. A brilliant song, but not perfection. 9

06 BREAK FREE
Follows BLUE DAISY perfectly, and blends the album well. A nice mellow slower songs. Different and beautiful. Is that a 12 string guitar? Suddenly reminds me of I NEVER DREAMED. A great production - 9

07 GOING UNDER GROUND
The intro reminds me of SAYONARA Summer is Over, but the song that follows is not as good as that song. A nice mid album track, nothing new here I think. Lovely though - 7

08 WHIRL WIND
Speeds up the album again with a nice drum/guitar intro. I like this, something different again. This is perfect buriguri, rocky with fantastic melodies by Tommy I would have been very happy if this had been a single. Best song on the album so far - Just a 10

09 SPRING GATE
Was a fantastic b-side, and is also a great album track too. Follows WHIRL WIND perfectly - 9

10 SONG 2 (COVER)
This was always going to be interesting wasn't it? It is sang so girly, I can imagine it is how Tommy would sing this song in KARAOKE. Blur is a band I loved in the 90's and Song 2 has always been a great classic song in the UK. Not sure I agree with a cover song being on the album, but the brilliant green do it in their own individual style, and I JUST LOVE HOW TOMMY SINGS IT IN THAT ACCENT!!!! Amazing cover version - 10

11 I JUST CAN'T BREATHE
Best single of the 3 from the album. A lovely song with everything that the band has to offer included. 10

12 LIKE YESTERDAY
A shame the album has to end with 3 songs we have already heard, but this is a lovely little song with great Tommy vocals and fantastic production - 9

13 BLUE SUNRISE
A lovely acoustic effort but not quite in the same league as Rock 'n' Roll, Alone Alone, The Night Has Pleasant Time etc etc. Not sure I would have had this as the last song either. 8

OVERALL - 113
A fantastic album with lots of differing songs. It is very similar in this way to LOS ANGELES, but not quite as good. Better than I expected I must say. But there is just something missing, I cannot quite put my finger on it....could it be Ryo?
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:12 am

Btw - James MacWhyte is the 'fake' bass player in the recent PV's. Here is his Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/jmacwhyte?ref=ts
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGxBDG Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:28 pm

If you follow the link to his actual website it says nothing about him being a musician or member of the band. It says he's involved in the video production and was an actor (it's hard to read in the screencap) in tbg and Tommy videos.

Spoiler:
So I would still say this guy and Tim are just fake members (turns out the other guy does do support drums). It's odd that a rumor surfaced about Tommy's fake bandmates appearing in the next TBG video was on 2ch in February, then Matsui announced his leaving the band in May. Makes you wonder if Tommy really did decide to do this when he was still in the band, which is pretty messed up if you ask me.

Anyway, I can't stop listening to the BLACKOUT and I'm totally going to LA today to buy a copy.

Last edited by TBGxBDG on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
TBGxBDG
TBGxBDG

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Sneakglove wrote:Btw - James MacWhyte is the 'fake' bass player in the recent PV's. Here is his Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/jmacwhyte?ref=ts

Thanks for that... on his official site he mentions OLIVIA =O what video did he do with her?

And great review, man! I'm glad most of us like the album =)
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Haha, James rejected my friend request on Facebook. I guess he thinks I am just another Tommy stalker (He would be right there then).
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:17 am

^ Omg, I was thinking about trying to add him, lol....I won't do it. It makes sense that he won't friend people unless he knows them maybe.

And I always suspected those two were from the I Kill My Heart videos...
Papermoon
Papermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:10 am

That's so strange, I never recognized them in the IKMH vids (I guess the whole tranny thing overshadows that).
winksniper
winksniper

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:55 am

winksniper wrote:That's so strange, I never recognized them in the IKMH vids (I guess the whole tranny thing overshadows that).

I never even knew they were supposed to be trannies.
I thought they were supposed to be like eighties hair band guys.
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next