Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

+16
Plisskin
hidebow
shizuenjune2
jazzbeans
Dammyf6
Yupgiboy
ThomasW
sailorlum
tomoko_chan
bankiebank
Starryeyed
lonely_louie
ghitgo
Sneakglove
NayaBania6
Synchronicity
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews Empty I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Post by Synchronicity Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 pm

I KILL MY HEART review:

Wait for me There: It's not quite as lively as past singles or whatever but it's a GREAT song. The bridge is amazing, and the choures is catchy as well. The lyrics are classic Tommy, and that's always great. Good song. Good start to the album as well.

Leaving you: One of my favorite Heavenly songs ever! It's beautiful, and great, and semi-ballad-ish all at the same time. GREAT job on this one.

Do you know my Heart?: eh, it's not my favorite. Each separate part is good, but the thing is it's horrible all together. like the choures doesn't mesh with the verses AT ALL. it's like all serene and nice and then randomly "DO y'kNow MY HeaRT??!!??!!!???!" all crazy. bad planning here to a potentially good song.

Sad end to a Fairy tale: Great song. same kind of problem with "Do you know my Heart?" but not as bad. It has a great choures and all that. Good song! One of my album faves!

Shut Up: It's a good short little song. Nothing special. I do have a feeling it's going to be a "♥Wanna be your Idol♥" where at first you're like..."This isn't that good" and then when you listen to it again and you're like "wow this is really catchy!". it's a grower.

flower crown: one of my faves on the album. It has such a cool feel to it! It's quite heavy and dark, and not as loud but still quite amazing. Reminds me of a mix of +gothic pink+ and Leaving you, for some reason. AWESOME SONG!!!

Surely: it's really cool, all acoutsicy! wow i really like this song for some reason! it's totally not average Heavenly, but I really like it. honestly very buri guri feel to it with the guitar solo. good song!

Gonna Change my Way of Life: it's okay kind of a Shut Up over again. and same thing with the "♥Wanna be your Idol♥" stuff. I totally found myself rocking out to it as well.

playground: Cool lyrics is my first thought. Totally a good rockable song,and I can see this being a future Air guitar rock out song. kind of a more upbeat flower Crown only not quite as good.

Things I Can Do: Nothing spectacular, reminds me of some earlier stuff. skipable in my opinion.

You should live in the sunny light: immediate reaction, BEAUTIFUL. it's Early Brilliant Green with Heavenly twist. Great way to end the album! AWESOME song.

Overall: 4.5/5! Awesome. I love this album! Whether it's as good or better than the other albums is still debatable. Well...no..It's not quite as good as her debut album (but no albums are in my opinion) but i would say better than Heavy Starry heavenly. See with Heavy Starry heavenly the singles rock, but the new tracks on the album and even the other a-sides aren't impressive. This album is 11 totally new songs,and all deserve a good listen to. What i really like about this album is that it has so much heart. it's what she really wanted to make rather than what Sony wanted her to make. I mean it's a sort of obvious statement "If you like early 90's rock/grunge kinda music you'll love it, if you don't you won't." but even if you don't this album is still worth a listen to. You might be pleasantly surprised by some tracks like "Surely" and "You should live in the sunny light" which would appeal to the big Buri guri lovers! Very Happy
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews Empty Re: I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Post by NayaBania6 Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 pm

FairyBlueMoon wrote:Do you know my Heart?: eh, it's not my favorite. Each separate part is good, but the thing is it's horrible all together. like the choures doesn't mesh with the verses AT ALL. it's like all serene and nice and then randomly "DO y'kNow MY HeaRT??!!??!!!???!" all crazy. bad planning here to a potentially good song.
I thought a little like that the 1st time, but I like it much more now
11. You Should Live In The Sunny Light <----- the skipable one for me, however it can grow in me later

overall=9.7/10 AWESOME ALBUM Very Happy
NayaBania6
NayaBania6

Female Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://izz8.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 am

You should live in the Sunny light is probably my favorite track only to flower crown on the album.

On another note "Shut Up" has grown on me, "I'm Gonna Chane My Way Of Lfe" hasn't...

and surely is kinda boring to me now...it lost it's original glow.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews Empty I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Post by Sneakglove Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 am

EDIT- I merged the topics. Looks like FBM got their first. She did a great review, but maybe the rest of you could try aswell. Below is my original post before i noticed FBM's dupicate thread Wink

Please review the new album here!!

It would be nice if you could give each song a mark out of 10 and say a little about it. Then at the end add all the scores up to give a total score for the album. For example, if you gave each song 9 out of 10, with 11 songs the total score for the album would be 99.

1. Wait For Me There
2. Leaving You
3. Do You Know My Heart ?
4. Sad End To A Fairy Tale
5. Shut Up
6. Flower Crown
7. Surely
8. Gonna Change My Way Of Life
9. Playground
10. Things I Can Do
11. You Should Live In The Sunny Light

Now we just have to wait for the album to arrive....
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Wait for me There: 9
Leaving you: 10
Do you know my heart: 7
Sad End To a Fairy Tale: 10
Shut Up: 8
Flower Crown: 10
Surely: 8
Gonna Change My Way of Life: 7
playground: 9
Things I Can Do:7
You Should Live in the Sunny Light: 10

93!!!! i don't know if it's right i had my friend add it up cuz I'm lazy. I dunno if she did it right...
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by NayaBania6 Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:04 pm

1. Wait For Me There: 9 (started 8 )
initially the first seconds reminded me of "wait till.." in some way, with a heavy sound.. but less energetic, rather a grower
2. Leaving You: 10
just the kind of ballad-ish song that gives me a odd sensation of nostalgia or something I cant really explain but just love it
3. Do You Know My Heart ?: 10
that randomness is what makes me to love it so much now (although I was expecting more "2:27-42" moments, thats now like the high peak of it)
4. Sad End To A Fairy Tale: 10
kind of ballad-ish but also with a rockin sound, like +gothic pink+ but rather different
5. Shut Up: 10
one of the most energetic, and it's so cool yeah
6. Flower Crown: 10
I expected the best for this, and I got the best! however, the full song started kinda slow and usually dont like it very much- but then that beautiful singing got me quickly
7. Surely: 10
I had to listen it twice but its so catchy-lovely
8. Gonna Change My Way Of Life: 10
rather crazy song, love it
9. Playground: 10
catchy and powerful, my fave so far along with Flower Crown
10. Things I Can Do: 10
another song that rocks so much and fills me with its power
11. You Should Live In The Sunny Light: 7 (still growing, yesterday was 6)
honestly I find this kind of song boring, its possible to slowly grow and finally love it but probably I'll never give a rating higher than 9 (this record only hold by a couple buriguri songs btw)

so.. 106 then Razz
NayaBania6
NayaBania6

Female Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://izz8.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:08 am

My score............

1,000,000,000 points.

No, I'm not biased at all................... Smile I love you

I really, honestly can't find a single thing that I don't like about this album. Tommy can't make crappy music. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lonely_louie Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 am

I say, Wait for me There, Leaving You, Do You Know My Heart, Surely, and Playground are the best!xD
lonely_louie
lonely_louie

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 am

Well I could review the album, but I don't think anybody would be pleased with the score.
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Male Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:26 am

Starryeyed wrote:Well I could review the album, but I don't think anybody would be pleased with the score.

Nah, go for it, but be prepared for the backlash! Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bankiebank Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am

honestly, i cannot say i like this album Shocked

but i will buy the album for sure
bankiebank
bankiebank

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:10 pm

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews Tommyiwi

Tommy Heavenly 6 - I Kill My Heart [Release Date: 2009.04.29]

Well as Sneakglove said, here goes.

Well, with a cuppa tea in hand, Heavenly playing softly in the background and the keyboard at the ready, here goes. I will talk about the album later,
but I will mention the DVD first as this needs to be mentioned. As most of you know the DVD comes with two songs, Wait For Me There & Leaving You; split
across with a Heavenly/February version. I have to question Tommy's logic with this release, especially the reference to Tommy February, why? I say
again, why? Why have Tommy February on the Heavenly DVD at all? Tommy February seems so out of place on this Heavenly DVD, she is singing a Heavenly
song with a bunch of guys dressed as women. I always thought Tommy February was about innocence, happy songs, and catchy tunes. February would never be
in this situation. I remember an interview with Tommy, she mentioned she felt Tommy February was losing her innocence, a reason why Tommy thought about
dropping her February character. Since Strawberry Cream Pop Soda and with this DVD release what does Tommy expect. Tommy is putting her February
persona in situations where she wouldn't be found singing. February wouldn't sing with a bunch of guys dressed as women, it would feel out of character.
It worked well for 'Wait Till I Can Dream' because Tommy captured February's innocence through the looking glass within the video. The DVD feels
cheesy/cheap throughout without proper thought and consideration for both of her characters. Tommy looks great as both February and Heavenly on the
video, but this DVD is questionable to me. I say again, Why even include February in the first place on this Heavenly Album DVD? It appears to me to be
an insult to February's Persona. Maybe it is a way of saying to the audience February is changing, maturing; but the purpose of both her characters was
that they were different. In a way, the light and dark, innocence and corruption through the eyes of the world. For me, it is one of the worse DVD's I've seen,
it does annoy me to see the way Heavenly & possibly February's character is moving/changing. I think this was purposely evident on February's Strawberry Cream Pop Soda
track released recently. The track was ok, but the way it was portrayed wasn't, February in the foreground and men dressed as women in the background. I see February
as like the innocence of a child whilst Heavenly is what happens to the corruption found in this world. Does this mean Heavenly is bad, no; it is only the result of the
exposure of this world. Dark and Black, is in a way; two of the same, Heavenly is part of this and dresses accordingly.

As for the album everything feels downtempo, dreary, more JPOP rather than JROCK. There is no spark, no energy or real justification for the change.
Yes, Tommy is changing/evolving her music, but this feels more like a cross between the Brilliant Green & Tommy Heavenly, not really knowing where it
belongs - down the middle somewhere. This can be readily seen through the likes of the songs such as 'Surely' and 'Do you Know My Heart'. Especially
'Surely' as it could easily have been mistaken for a Brilliant Green song, it does have a very similiar vibe. There has been some confusion on previous
albums too, such as 'Ash Like Snow', which could have been mistaken for a Heavenly Song, and 'Hey My Friend' becoming a Brilliant Green track. Sometimes
I feel Tommy should choose one or the other, but this would alienate most of her fans to drop one for the other. The energy, where has it gone. Listen
to 'Pray' and 'Lucky Me', you can feel the energy, the vibrant contrast in style, delivered with drive and thought. 'Pray' especially, classic Heavenly
in my honest opinion. Possibly Heavenly's best track to date. 'Playground', 'Shut Up' & 'Things I Can Do' all sound the same, with no real distinction
between the tracks. 'Leaving You' I actually preferred over 'Wait For Me There'. 'Leaving You' does feel like a ballad, but is this what Heavenly is
about? We know Tommy wants to change through the track 'Gonna Change My Way Of Life', but what exactly does she want to change, her persona's, Heavenly &
February? The best track I felt was 'Sad End To A Fairy Tale', as it captured much more feeling than the rest of the tracks, maybe even a meaningful message to her fans. 'Flower Crown' I actually wanted to skip twice, very dreary. Finally 'You Should Live in the Sunny Light' I liked the lyrics, but the song I felt was lacking in most ways.
Overall I felt both her previous albums hold up better, alot better with classics tracks like 'Lost in Pieces', 'I Fell in Love with you', 'Pray' and the
like. I was disappointed in this release, not only for Heavenly but also for her Cameo February counterpart. This may seem harsh, but I would drop her
Heavenly persona in favour of keeping the Brilliant Green alive. There seems to be an overlap with both persona's, Buri Guri/Heavenly; even though Heavenly
is showing positive signs of maturity through her music. February may not have a deep character, but her music is different enough to be of value.
If Heavenly is to succeed then Tommy needs to re-instate her JROCK status, as everything seemed to fit more perfectly and actually had the right amount of
chemistry between all her musical contributions, be it The Brilliant Green, Tommy Heavenly/February with little deviation.

-Summary-

Everything feels 'All of a sudden', the changing of pace, the way Tommy released her last two tracks 'Papermoon' & 'Unlimited Sky' and then this which
feels very different. Yes, there are influences of Heavenly, but it feels far away from what she once was. Recently YUI was critised for falling into
the same old, same old.. but in the case of YUI, she is young and hasn't been in the music industry for long. They both have recently released there
Greatest Hits. In contrast, YUI releases albums year upon year and sometimes everyone can fall into the trap of 'same old, same old', even Ayumi
Hamasaki is trying to find her 'Next Level'. Tommy has evolved from the Brilliant Green, through February, and presently Heavenly and should be
commended for trying something 'different'. I do not question Tommy's talent, only in some of her logic. If she is happy in what she is doing, then I
hope this new release bodes well for her. Only time will tell if it was a decision worth following. It may cost her some of her original fans, but it
may invigorate new ones too. A counter-balance, and one which will hopefully hold true for her. Looking to the future, it will be interesting to see
which direction Tommy takes her Heavenly Persona, the same can be said for February too. I feel Disappointed for Heavenly for the album, and annoyed at how
February was used within the DVD. A real shame.

Wait For Me There 3/10
Leaving You 6/10
Do You Know My Heart 4/10
Sad End To A Fairy Tale 7.5/10
Shut Up 4/10
Flower Crown 5/10
Surely 7/10
Gonna Change My Way of Life 5/10
Playground 4/10
Things I Can Do 4/10
You Should Live In the Sunny Light 5/10

Score: 54.5 Out of 110

-Starryeyed-

PS: I'm not trying to deter anyone from purchasing the album, I hope you all do like it. This is just my opinion, one of many upon many of thousands of people.

PSS: When I think of Tommy, I think of her with a smile. Like everyone else, Tommy Forever. I just don't like this album, I feel it is an insult to both of her characters.

Last edited by Starryeyed on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Hmmmmm............... Neutral
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:36 pm

As you said Starryeyed, there's something going on with this new Heavenly. I wonder if Tommy Heavenly6 will keep the way she was before, and if this is a project of only one album or it'll continue like this. I think this is like a isolated release, like when someone releases an acoustic album or a remix album or sth like this, because I think that it's very strange that she hasn't released any single to promote this album. It was like a "well, let me try it just once" to the fans.

If this doesn't happen I think buriguri won't come back (although I'd LOVE it!) because, as we can see in Tommy's lastest works, she's trying to combine that buriguri feeling with the heavenly one, and also there's the february thing in her pvs. My theory is that she won't be February or Heavenly anymore, but just Tomoko Kawase or Tommy, and she will release anything she wants, don't mind the musical genre XD
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:19 pm

I agree with your analysis Tomoko-Chan. Something is amist, changing. I am worried because I feel Heavenly and February are falling down into a void. All I want to do is pull them both out from this, but I feel I cannot reach them both, maybe not even one of them. I want the Buri Guri, Heavenly & February to stay the same. I thought the last few singles from the Buri Guri were great, especially 'Stand By Me', wonderful track. February reminds me of when I was young, innocence, love, happiness, carefree, a fairy tale -like- A 'Sad End to a Fairy Tale'. When I think of February I see what is good in this world. As for Heavenly, I see a darker side, a woman who embraces the things around her and matures through age. This is shown through Heavenly's songs. The Brilliant Green is where it all began, the problem is; everything is changing. Like the Keane song - Everybody's Changing. Sometimes we want which is often given, but never receive what is asked for. I feel saddened, because I feel we have lost a part of Heavenly & February's persona. Everything changes, and I suppose everything does.

-Starryeyed-
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:39 pm

okay i didn't finish your post yet Starryeyed, but a comment...

why is singing with drag queens so bad? I mean February does way worse things than that, like DRINKING FROM A FLASK in almost every video. February's character is that she appears innocent but isn't.

Sorry i just had to point this out "singing with drag queens" isn't a scandalous things unless they're singing a scandalous song. it's especially fine when they're not even singing, and they're hardly drag queens either...they're wearing pants!

I'll finish the post now..haha
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:03 pm

I mean February does way worse things than that, like DRINKING FROM A FLASK in almost every video.

True, but she is not February anymore then, she becomes Heavenly. When February performs live, she never drinks from a flask(starts checking videos Smile ), because she is February. She may want to be somebody else, but in fact she is February throughout her videos, except for Wait Til I Can Dream, but then that is seen through the eyes of Heavenly with a glimpse of February's persona.

why is singing with drag queens so bad?

I'm not saying it is wrong or bad, for me I feel it is out of character for February. I suppose everyone has an image of who a character is through there eyes. Its' like reading your favourite manga and then seeing the anime transition. Sometimes the character portrayed is how you imagine them, other times they are not.

For me February wants to be somebody else, but retains her character most of the time.

I suppose the only person who can really answer the above questions is Tommy herself, because Tommy is the one who is constantly changing her vision of February & Heavenly.

Sneakglove, maybe you can arrange for a Tommy interview Smile Might not want to show her my review of her new album though Smile

Last edited by Starryeyed on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorlum Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Here's my review (written before reading others reviews, in case you're curious):

1. Wait For Me There 10
I remember I wasn't too impressed when I first heard it. The grunge sound was a shock, and I was biased from back in the day when grunge got overplayed. But Th6 put a new spin on it, lyrically and musically, so I grew to love it, once I got over my previous bias. Great chorus!

2. Leaving You 8.5
This one is good for when I'm in the mood for a more melancholy song (but I like it on it's own merits, too). The chorus still kind of bugs me a little (musically, it kind of has that "whiny" 'grunge note' repetitive quality that I'm not a big fan of.) I like the not-chorus, though. It should be noted at this point, that I tend to like ballad-type songs less than peppier or faster passed songs.

3. Do You Know My Heart ? 10
I love this one! One of my favorites of the album! The switch between the chorus and the rest of the song took me aback at first, but I really like it. It's like an impressionist painting, with striking opposites on top of each other in the same picture. It helps that I love both the chorus and the rest of the song equally. It kind of reminds me of the full 10 min. version of Lollipop Candy Bad Girl (with the sharp transitions), but I think this song does the transitions between chorus and not-chorus in a less awkward way, overall.

4. Sad End To A Fairy Tale 8.5
Another more melancholy song, with a not-chorus I like and a chorus I'm not as fond of. Again, I'm not a big fan of the "whiny" 'grunge notey' chorus. I guess there's a certain note she keeps hitting and holding that I just don't care for. I like the guitar, though.

5. Shut Up 9
I was surprised by how much I ended up liking this one. It has that "whiny" 'grunge notey' chorus with voice and guitar, but it really works for this song. Still not my favorite kind of chorus, but I like it here better than in the slower paced songs. Very adrenaline pumping song.

6. Flower Crown 9.5
Moves at a pretty languid pace, for the most part in the first half, but has a rockin' chorus. And then the second half stays rockin'. Reminds me of Sister Christian, that way. I like it. It's interesting. I like that the chorus has more of a +Gothic Pink+ vibe to it and I don't find it "whiny" 'grunge notey', although it gets a little sharp at times. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

7. Surely 10
I love this one! Very Buriguri, in a way. Kind of how Ash Like Snow was very Th6, in a way. There is nothing I don't like about this one. Very pleasing to the ear, all the way through. Upbeat and peppy sounding and yet nicely mellow. Definitely one of my favorites of the album!

8. Gonna Change My Way Of Life 9.5
I like this one! It doesn't have a "whiny" 'grunge notey' chorus like Shut Up, so I like it better. It's an adrenalin pumping song and kind of "rough" sounding. Like a wild roller coaster ride. It loses half a point for being a little too rough, sometimes, for my taste. Wait Till I Can Dream was kind of like that for me too. I like it, but it can give me a headache if I listen to it too many times in a row.

9. Playground 10
I love this one! I love the lyrics and the wild sound it has. Very rebellious sounding in a way. Boisterous! I think I identify with the lyrics of this song more than any other song she's done. One of my favorites of all time!

10. Things I Can Do 9
It's peppy but I don't like it as much as the other faster paced songs. I don't like the guitar backing as much in this one, and parts of the not-chorus get that "whiny" 'grunge note' sound, sometimes. I like it well enough, though.

11. You Should Live In The Sunny Light 9.5
Starts off very melancholy sounding, but I really like the chorus. I really like the lyrics, overall, too. My favorite ballad of the album, by far. Even the start has grown on me since my last listen. Still not quite a 10, but I really like it, overall.

Total score: 103.5/110 = 94% = A

So, it's another grade-A album from Th6. Wink That's pretty darn good for a grunge-themed album, as I normally really dislike grunge due to previous over saturation and the "whiny" 'grunge note' qualities it tends to have (I'm going to have to start calling it "the grunge note"...as it's just a certain note held for a certain amount of time and repeated, that really grates my cheese! It's not bad, I just don't like it. tongue ) I like this album though. Wink

Favorites: Wait For Me There; Do You Know My Heart; Surely; Playground

Least Favorites: Leaving You; Sad End To A Fairy Tale

After reading other reviews: So far I'm the only one (that likes the album overall) that doesn't have Leaving You as a most favorite...I guess I'm strange like that, lol. cat

On the Tf6 and Th6 thing: I see February as being innocent on the outside, but darker on the inside (she's a hard drinking girl and a lot of her songs are about longing and possibly-unrequited love, although most of them are very upbeat musically). I see Heavenly as being darker on the outside, but brighter on the inside (a lot of her songs are about reciprocated love and/or having a take charge attitude...she embraces angst in a more positive way, too, imo). February relishes the superficially light (cute toys and outfits, new wave upbeat tunes, bright colors). Heavenly relishes the superficially dark (gothic fashion, spooky decor, heavy guitars, dark colors, in-your-face music.) February and Heavenly are two sides of the same person.

I haven't fully translated the lyrics for myself, but here's what I see the album (I Kill My Heart) being about: February is waking up to Heavenly and wants to be Heavenly in more than just dreams (Wait For Me There; Leaving You). Feb gives herself up to Heavenly in the light of day ("I kill my heart"). Being Heavenly is very freeing, but Heavenly needs to keep Feb in her heart in the light of day, just like Feb did for her (Do You Know My Heart?). Heavenly feels like she needs to ditch Feb (Sad End...). Feb won't be ditched (Shut Up). Heavenly accepts that she needs Feb and wants to see her in her dreams (Flower Crown). Heavenly and Feb learn to accept each other for all of who they are and learn that they need each other and maybe sometimes they need to come together and other times they need to play apart, in their own worlds, and take turns in the light of day. Both are valuable. They want other people to accept them, too. (Surely; Gonna Change...; Playground; Things I Can Do). Heavenly still thinks that Feb is better suited to the light and should still get to play out her fairy tales. Feb gets to come back into the light, but Heavenly is always with her and can come out to play, and visa versa. (You Should Live in the Sunny Light). "It's a happy ending"

So, what I get from this is that Tommy isn't getting rid of Feb (even if Feb isn't in the limelight, right now). Feb will always be there, waiting to play out her role, when needed. Who knows when Tommy will need Feb to be in the limelight, again, or in what form. Will her music go through a transformation like Heavenly6's? Will Feb, Heavenly, and Buriguri form one act that encompasses all, someday? *shrugs*

Or I could be thinking about this all way too much... Suspect

Last edited by sailorlum on Sat May 09, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced)
sailorlum
sailorlum

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 pm

People! I don't think you should despair!!

I don't think we have seen the end of the old Tommy heavenly style, she will just decide what she wants to do when she wants to do it. We can never second guess our Tommy.

Plus all her fantastic old songs are still there, they will be great forever Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:52 pm

sailorlum, I loved your review... Loved the way you interpret the personas thing!
ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorlum Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 pm

ThomasW wrote:sailorlum, I loved your review... Loved the way you interpret the personas thing!

Thanks! Very Happy
sailorlum
sailorlum

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:44 pm

sailorlum wrote:
ThomasW wrote:sailorlum, I loved your review... Loved the way you interpret the personas thing!

Thanks! Very Happy

Me too!! I want to listen the album soooo bad TT
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 pm

i think your interpritation of this is super cool Sailor lum.

I honestly dislike the idea of basing an album entirelly on the persona thing...kinda ruins it for me almost...so I'm just gonna ignore that.

I KILL MY HEART's at #7 today. I'm gonna bet it'll week at like...11. yeah. the number 11 totally comes to mind and i have no idea why.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Fri May 01, 2009 12:51 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:
I honestly dislike the idea of basing an album entirelly on the persona thing...kinda ruins it for me almost...so I'm just gonna ignore that.

Really? I think exactly the opposite!
It's nice to see how the persona thing reflects on each fan haha =)
ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 am

Yeah...I dunno. i makes me feel like the only point of the personas was to have like a story line of them or something. it's definitely a cool side though, and maybe having the singles or one main song about them but not the entire album.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next