Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!!

+13
hinatakonan
shizuenjune2
Synchronicity
Starryeyed
toniayu
lonely_louie
ErickAutumn
Papermoon
ghitgo
winksniper
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
ThomasW
Sneakglove
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!! Empty Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!!

Post by Sneakglove Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Please review the new albums in your own individual ways! Have to wait for mine to arrive, so which of you guys and gels is going to be first?

Last edited by Sneakglove on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!! Empty Re: Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!!

Post by ThomasW Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 pm

My copy hasn't arrived yet, but I downloaded the album (I guess it's ok since I already bought it!)
So let's go!

february6 side:

1. HOT CHOCOLAT
I feel like it's a good step forward from ♥Lonely in Gorgeous♥.
We all know this pretty well by now, so I'll just give my score.
Score: 10

2. GIMME GIMME GIMME
Contrary to what has been speculated, this is not an ABBA cover. The whole atmosphere of the song is still on the more mature style we heard on Is This Feeling Love? and E-mail♥ more. The intro reminds me a lot of a mix between Domino Dancing by The Pet Shop Boys and Rhythm Is a Dancer by Snap!, which is superb in my opinion.

3. I'M YOUR ANGEL
So sweet! The guitar that accompanies the song gives a Cyndi Lauper-ish sound. It doesn't sound like I'M YOUR DEVIL at all, but the lyrics "Hello my dear, can you hear my voice?" are there. It's like the sound of sunshine while you take a strawberry ice cream in the park!

4. MY FUTURE BOY
This sounds really unexpected! I really like this "new" style for february6! It sounds a little bit like Simple Minds or The B-52's, I guess. The guitar here is heavier but combined with the synthesizers it just reinforces her 80's sound, but now a little more rock-ish. I definitely wanna see more of this kind of song in the future!
Score: 9

5. LAST SLOW DANCE
A ballad. When it starts, you can actually take it for a BuriGuri song. But then the drums come and you see it's really a february6 song. I'm not a very big fan of her ballads, but this sounds great, like a slow prom night song.
Score: 8

6. GOOD NIGHT MY SWEET DAY
The intro is very disco like and so is the whole atmosphere of the song. The beat is kinda different for february6, but it sounds amazing. The guitar is here again, but lighter. Very dancy!

7. I HOLD YOUR NIGHT
Another ballad that starts with piano and guitars, again reminding us of BuriGuri, but this time it actually sounds like it's february6 covering some the brilliant green song, specially the chorus. It's a very beautiful ballad, though.

heavenly6 side coming on my next post!
ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!! Empty Re: Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 NEW ALBUM REVIEWS!!

Post by ThomasW Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 pm

heavenly6 side:

1. CALL ME PRINCESS
One of heavenly's heaviest songs, really great sounding! Tommy's voice here sounds almost agressive, it's deep and strong. The melody it's typical heavenly, which is great. I think it's a little darker than what we are used to hear from her.

2. HATE YOUR LIES
The drums here sound deeper than they usually do and I think it's amazing. The guitars are a little heavier than usual too, maybe that's what she's aiming for her next releases. The chorus is genial and the bridge is even better, it has a speed metal like solo.

3. I'M YOUR DEVIL -SHORT-
The song we all know and love. Just perfect

4. YOU HURT ME
A typical upbeat heavenly6 melancholic song. "You know you hurt me baby, yeah... it's ok to be alone!" goes the lyrics. This is the style we already learned to love, so it couldn't be wrong. The song would perfectly fit onto her first or second albums.

5. monochrome rainbow
Next!

6. DARK DARK SKY
It sounds like a sequence to +gothic Pink+ somehow. I have to wait for some lyrics translation to know if it's on purpose or just my head! The guitar melody has this thriller movie feeling that fits really well with the heavenly6 universe. It's a mid-tempo song that has a very melancholic melody, but I feel the lyrics are sweet.

7. I'M YOUR DEVIL -HALLOWEEN REMIX-
10:31 minutes of perfection.

------------------------------

Album score: 9,5
A perfect Tommy comeback! On this double album you can tell, more than ever, the difference between february6 and heavenly6, specially between their voices!
It contains classic feb/heav styles but showcases new styles for both, and let's hope the next release is not too far from us so we can know what's the real future of Tommy world!
It's a MUST BUY for every Tommy fan!

Last edited by ThomasW on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Well, this is only after my first playthough, so take it with a pinch of salt and of course I was not going to wait for my copy to arrive, I'm far too impatient for that!

February
--------
01 HOT CHOCOLAT
We all knew this, right? I think this song starts out really weak, it needs a stronger intro IMO, but once we get to the bridge you see it's a classic Tommy track, it reminds me of Lonely In Gorgeous in terms of style and pace, and how the chorus comes in bombastically. Great track.

02 GIMME GIMME GIMME
Wow, I love this right from the start. It begins with a Freestyle synth pattern which continues again between the chorus and verse, along with the vocal stuttering you'd expect in a Freestyle track - although the melody of the bridge and chorus itself is straight up 80s J-Pop like Babe, Wink etc, and also reminds me of late-era SAW, like Sinitta, Sonia or Boy Krazy. A classic track and NOT the ABBA track after all, thankfully! Wink

03 I'M YOUR ANGEL
This reminds me of the first album in terms of sound and structure. It's a bit too simplistic for my tastes, sounds like a Tommy Angels track or something. Not terrible, but nothing new and standout about this track, dare I say it's a bit of a filler. :-? The melody of chorus reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on.

04 MY FUTURE BOY
O_O This sounds like the 'heaviest' february track yet, love that thick synth bass, guitar and the intro especially. Love it, love it.

05 LAST SLOW DANCE
Melodically, this is a lot like a Buri-Guri track and could easily be one if you drop of the bells and whistles for more fuzzy guitar. Love the breakdown, and although it doesn't sound similar, it reminds me of 'I Still Love You Boy' for it's Buri-Guri-in-drag-ness. Very Happy

06 GOOD NIGHT MY SWEET DAY
Hmmm, this didn't really grab me although I liked the intro, pace and the funky bassline is what really drives this track. I'm gonna let this one marinate, I think it will grow on me. Edit: I love this now, in parts it reminds me of 'Walk Away From You My Babe', did I say I like the bassline?! It's funky as hell Very Happy

07 I HOLD YOUR NIGHT
OK, now this one does remind me melodically of 'I Still Love You Boy' which isn't the worst thing ever since that's one of my favourite Tommy tracks. But, whether it's february, heavenly or TBG, she can do this power ballad style in her sleep. Still a keeper, just not particularly original Smile

Overall
Stylistically, this is quite a diverse mini-album. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, I think giving february such a long hiatus and having only 7 tracks has really focused the material into a really enjoyable package.

Heavenly
--------
01 CALL ME PRINCESS
OK, pretty decent pulsing track. Nothing out of the ordinary for heavenly, though it one of the darkest songs she's done.

02 HATE YOUR LIES
Whoah, she's all emo again! It's quite late 80s post-Hair Metal in style and much more melodic than the first track. Yep, like this one.

03 I'M YOUR DEVIL
We know this one, liked it then, still do.

04 YOU HURT ME
At first I was like :-/ but then I was all :-D - Yeah, I wasn't really feeling this one at first but the chorus just about saves it.

05 MONOCHROME RAINBOW
See: I'm Your Devil. It's one of those heavenly tracks that could just as easily be a Buri Guri track, melodic rocker with the standard TBG guitar solo. Solid track.

06 DARK DARK SKY
Another dark, heavy track. Honestly this didn't leave much of an impression on me. It's probably fair to say I'm more of a february fan than heavenly, so there's only so many angsty emo rockers I can take.

Overall
heavenly is full rock-out emo punk girl mode here, probably the heaviest/darkest set she's done so far. I guess knowing 3 of the 7 tracks already takes the shine off this 'side' a little, so I'm more inclined to stick the february side on repeat. Overall, overall - a solid album, the february side surprised me because I thought it she'd given up on february, so I'm super-stoked for that. heavenly side, appeals to me a little less, but there's some strong tracks there, although I feel like the two strongest were the standalone singles that preceeded the album.

Last edited by I'mAPlayerInTVGames on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm not going to do individual song reviews, but I will say that I really love the whole album and I'm so glad that this is how she made her comeback. Although I will say that while I love how different the sound is on both ends, I do appreciate the february side a bit more than the heavenly. I'm just not too fond of the heavier style with her, however I do love the songs and I'm sure they will all grow on me. Overall, I love it.
winksniper
winksniper

Female Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm in love all over again. That's all I have to say. I love you I love you I love you I love you
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Well, sounds like the album was fairly good. ^^ Thank you all for the reviews, even though I am super super jealous since I can't buy a copy and hear it myself.
Papermoon
Papermoon

Female Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-02-26

http://b-r-i-s-e-l.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm

In my opinion I think the best tracks for each side are I'm Your Devil and I'm Your Angel...
Coincidence? haha
I'll post my full review once I listen to the album a couple more times...
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Male Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-08-03

https://ericairline.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Papermoon wrote:Well, sounds like the album was fairly good. ^^ Thank you all for the reviews, even though I am super super jealous since I can't buy a copy and hear it myself.

Why don't you download it?
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 pm

ThomasW wrote: Why don't you download it?
Lol, I don't dare to do such a thing because I live on campus and my school has strict policies.
Papermoon
Papermoon

Female Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-02-26

http://b-r-i-s-e-l.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 am

Papermoon wrote:
ThomasW wrote: Why don't you download it?
Lol, I don't dare to do such a thing because I live on campus and my school has strict policies.

That's harsh D:
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 am

Good Night My Sweet Day is so damn catchy! I'm listening to it for the 5th time in a row. The february6 tracks are soooooooo good. And the heavenly6 tracks literally made me weep with utter happiness.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by lonely_louie Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:29 am

Both albums are really good! I love them! Laughing

Tommy February - All the song's are pretty good! But the one that I really like a lot is "Good Night My Sweet Day"!! <3 I think that should have been the main single instead of hot chocolat. please don't get crazy for me saying this but hot chocolat's beat was to plain for me, it dragged on to long but it's still pretty cute.

Tommy Heavenly6 - All song's were pretty awesome and very different from her other stuff and sounded kind a more rocker like, it was pretty interesting. I still will and always will love "Monochrome Rainbow"!! It's still the best for me and beats the rest from this new album. It's just so EPIC for me since it came out!! Very Happy

But over all, I am super glad Tommy is back! It was worth the wait! Very Happy <3
lonely_louie
lonely_louie

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Sorry for posting an off-topic (not so off) but just thought it'd be nice to know that the album debuted at 7th on Oricon Charts.

I couldn't find the number of sells, but I think it's a pretty good position considering there was almost no promotion for the album!
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by toniayu Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

^Thank u,can't wait to know the sales!
Reading your reviews,i thinks my favorites will be GIMME GIMME GIMME,CALL ME PRINCESS and DARK DARK SKY
toniayu
toniayu

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I was alittle disappointed with the 'Hot Chocolat' track, but thankfully Gimme Gimme Gimme, I'm your Angel & Good Night My Sweet Day are all better for me. Each of those tracks could have been a single for Feb. As for Heavenly, well...she has gone back to her roots which can only be a good thing for me. Smile
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Male Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Heavenly:

1. Call Me Princess: It's really cool. I love this harsher overall sound. I do think it sounds a bit like music we've heard before from some heavy metal artists (minus the idiotic screaming). But this is one of the better new tracks. The chorus is unexpected and very cool. The bridge is also very exciting. 9/10

2. Hate Your Lies: I'm weirdly conflicted on this track. The chorus is great, but I'm not terribly huge on the verses. I do like that she has some rhyming english lyrics. That's impressive to me for some odd reason. 7.5/10

3. I'm Your Devil: Probably one of Heavely's best crafted songs ever. I've really never heard a song quite like this. The chorus is absolute perfection.
10/10

4. You Hurt Me: Another conflicting one for me. In this case I love the verses, but think the chorus is just too unoriginal. It sounds like a Green Day song to me (and I personally am not a fan of Green Day).I agree with someone's previous comment that it could've fit perfectally on one of her other albums. It would have been a pretty good non single track for one of them. I just feel like with only 4 new songs they should all be stellar. Worst of the album. 6/10

5. Monochrome Rainbow: Another simply stellar track. So beautiful and emotional, but not too melodramatic. It's like Unlimited Sky mixed with Hey My Friend. and takes the best from both. Impressive. 10/10

6. Dark Dark Sky: Definitely the best of the new tracks. I really am loving this song. The chorus is on another level, and the whole vibe is slightly sad, but dark too. The guitars in the verse reminds me of Radiohead in a very good way. 10/10

7. I'm Your Devil (Halloween Remix): Blegh... unnecessary. Wish it wasn't on here. It makes the awesome original sound stupid and like a joke. 6/10

February:

1. Hot Chocolat: Really cool. I like how it's sort of an updated February. With edgier synths and a more daring chorus. Fun: which is what February is all about. 8/10

2. Gimme Gimme Gimme: Wish it was the ABBA song. I don't really like it to be honest. It's not terrible, I just wasn't taken with it. 5/10

3. I'm Your Angel: Again, fine. Nothing to write home about. I like it better than GGG. A little forgettable. 5.5/10

4. My Future Boy: At this point I was starting to lose hope. None of these tracks were striking me except Hot Choclat. I can't even remember this melody or anything. Except that the first time I listened to it I just went to the next track without finishing. 4/10

5. Last Slow Dance: Things are looking up now. The opening to this song was cool! A guitar in a February song! *gasp* The chorus is a little slower and drags more than suites my taste, but it's definitely an improvement. 6/10

6. Good Night My Sweet Day: Actually a really cute catchy track! *phew* I was worried I had to write off this entire album as a dud. The chorus is very fun and charming. It has a bit of sass. Very silly stupid sass, but sass none the less. The prechorus reminds me a little too much of hook in Tommy Februette Macaroon. 7/10

7. I Hold Your Night: Alright, the last half redemmed itself a bit. A great, sweet, very February melody to wrap up this mini-album. 7/10

I feel I was pretty harsh on the February side, but I dunno...I think I've outgrown her a bit, and honestly could care less if she stopped releasing as her. I might just have to let the side soak on me a bit more. The Heavenly side was pretty great. Some real memorable and notable tracks, both new and the singles. Let's hope she continues to favor Heavenly to February as she has been.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 am

i want to wait until my album arrives but your reviews are killing me Shocked
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks for all the great reviews folk. I am drooling at the prospect of listening to the album. Although if it arrives today, I cannot listen to it, as it is my wife's birthday and she'd kill me!!
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am

haha sneakglove you'd really be cut into bits if you overshadow your wife's birthday with Tommy's voice Laughing
and I decided to stay strong until the album arrives bounce bounce can't wait for my marquee magazine too alien
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am

shizuenjune2 wrote:haha sneakglove you'd really be cut into bits if you overshadow your wife's birthday with Tommy's voice Laughing
thing is
For sure! Still not arrived anyway. While she is upstairs getting ready, I am trying to work out what the 'James Addiction' thing is? I have a feeling it maybe another Tommy project song like "OH! MY JULIET" and Tommy's Angels. Sorry for the off topic Wink Question
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am

Sneakglove wrote:
shizuenjune2 wrote:haha sneakglove you'd really be cut into bits if you overshadow your wife's birthday with Tommy's voice Laughing

For sure! Still not arrived anyway. While she is upstairs getting ready, I am trying to work out what the 'James Addiction' thing is? I have a feeling it maybe another Tommy project song like "OH! MY JULIET" and Tommy's Angels. Sorry for the off topic Wink Question
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I just got my copy in the mail!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Very Happy Smile Surprised Razz Wink Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Sneakglove wrote:
thing is

Isn't James Addiction Jimi and James' band? I don't think Tommy has anything to do with it other than that they're also in Tommy heavenly6.
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Male Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-08-03

https://ericairline.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

ErickAutumn wrote:
Sneakglove wrote:
thing is

Isn't James Addiction Jimi and James' band? I don't think Tommy has anything to do with it other than that they're also in Tommy heavenly6.

Don't think, feel. I know the truth now, but I can't say anymore. bounce
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next