Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy Cats6 - New BGM and Album?

+4
Kokoro
ThomasW
liamstockley
PumpkinLumps
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tommy Cats6 - New BGM and Album? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tommy Cats6 - New BGM and Album?

Post by ThomasW Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 pm

YAAAAY bought them on iTunes!!

I love them both! So happy Tommy is still doing music, even if it's low profile
ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Tommy Cats6 - New BGM and Album? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tommy Cats6 - New BGM and Album?

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 am

Just digital non-lossless releases again? Sad

Oh well, bought any way.

The february6 song is definately a second era type of song for me, as in post-classic f6 era. It really doesn't evoke the original ethos and purpose of the character. It's basically just a modern pop song with another typical Tomoko melody and the same synth presets to make it sound vaguely 'february6'.

The heavenly song is much better, the punky garage rock guitar is much more their wheelhouse I think. Even if the melody, again is recycled/tweaked from earlier efforts, it at least has an energy that is lacking in the f6 track. I feel like she only puts out february6 tracks in the past few years now because it's the expected flipside. It's a bit of a dead concept to me now to be honest. I don't really consider anything after Lonely In Gorgeous to be part of the february6 brand and more just 'Tomoko'. That's just my personal take, I'm a tough critic on my favourite artists because I know how great they can be.
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by liamstockley Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I'mAPlayerInTVGames wrote:Just digital non-lossless releases again? Sad

Oh well, bought any way.

The february6 song is definately a second era type of song for me, as in post-classic f6 era. It really doesn't evoke the original ethos and purpose of the character. It's basically just a modern pop song with another typical Tomoko melody and the same synth presets to make it sound vaguely 'february6'.

The heavenly song is much better, the punky garage rock guitar is much more their wheelhouse I think. Even if the melody, again is recycled/tweaked from earlier efforts, it at least has an energy that is lacking in the f6 track. I feel like she only puts out february6 tracks in the past few years now because it's the expected flipside. It's a bit of a dead concept to me now to be honest. I don't really consider anything after Lonely In Gorgeous to be part of the february6 brand and more just 'Tomoko'. That's just my personal take, I'm a tough critic on my favourite artists because I know how great they can be.

Couldn't disagree more more, I think she absolutely knocked it out of the park with Cupcake Angels - the production just POPS and while it doesn't have that same 80's pop aesthetic as her first two albums it's a great song in it's own right, carrying this great dreamy yet melancholic mood. I don't think it's fair to dismiss february6 just because she ditched the 80's sound, she was never going to have much breathing room just sticking to that niche, I honestly think the february6 side to February & Heavenly is one of the best alt pop albums period.

I do like Ice Cream Devils but for me it just has that same anime opening feel that so many heavenly6 songs have, the chorus and the bridge are catchy enough but overall it doesn't do much for me.

liamstockley

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:30 am

That's my point, she didn't ditch the 80s sound - this song and the past few albums were full of the exact same cut and paste synth presets she used on the first album - it's february6 on autopilot. Same for the other track, but it at least sounds like they're having fun on that one.
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PumpkinLumps Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Still no lyrics for either song yet? Neutral

PumpkinLumps

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3