Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^

+19
Starryeyed
vee
doctorsup
jazzbeans
Ale-Chan
mikanomoide
hidebow
chiew_76
EchoLawrence
kilix
Level masteR
NayaBania6
ghitgo
Synchronicity
bankiebank
tomoko_chan
shizuenjune2
Sneakglove
Anunnunie
23 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^ - Page 11 Empty Re: The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^

Post by Sneakglove Wed May 20, 2009 6:48 am

Today I will worry until I find out what the Buriguri news means for sure. For now I feel sick, please do not let it be the end...
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^ - Page 11 Empty Re: The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^

Post by ghitgo Wed May 20, 2009 3:02 pm

I saw the Japanese punk rock band Crude play yesterday. Here is a pic of them playing:
The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^ - Page 11 Copyof1001215

I think most members of the forum would not like this band. I've been listening to them since 2004.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Wed May 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Today I've been walking all day long in Barcelona looking for flats.

Oh My GOD! I'm SO tired!! We've seen HORRIBLE flats (that kind of flats that you wonder "how can people live here?" or "this only happens in TV" XDD) but the last flat we've seen is just GREAT!! I'll post pics tomorrow, coz it's really worth to see it and I want your opinion ^^ I'd be very sad if I can't get that one, because is cheap, in a fabulous zone (Poblenou, the quietest in Barcelona I'd say), and it's being rented with furniture included ^^ So we don't have to buy much, maybe only some paiting or things like this.

I'm very excited with the flat thing >w< Although I know I won't be so excited when I have to pay it every month XDD
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 am

ghitgo wrote:I saw the Japanese punk rock band Crude play yesterday. Here is a pic of them playing:

I think most members of the forum would not like this band. I've been listening to them since 2004.

I am assuming that they are touring the US right now. I would like to check them out. Do you have a link to one of their performances.

You should check out High Teen Boogie. They are a Japanese girl punk rock band based in NYC.
WARNING: THEIR MUSIC IS VERY EXPLICIT
http://www.myspace.com/highteenboogienyc
doctorsup
doctorsup

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Crude is playing the Chaos In Tejas fest May 21-24 in Austin, Texas and then they are heading back to Japan. If you want to hear what they sound like, I could upload a song or two.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Thu May 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Ahh~ today, I had my Business test. I think I did okay.
I could answer everything, but I kept getting mental block
- due to having had very little sleep prior to the exam.

Therefore, I lost a lot of time. Had to rush like hell!
Well, two exams to do tomorrow. Politics and Philosophy.
I've just woken up after a nap, gonna core-revise now!

[But I am so very sleepy still!!]
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Fri May 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Today I noticed for the first time how scary are the lyrics for "my bloody knee high socks" o.O

Take a look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6OKperOAE

Specially the part of "A wall of cards sorround me, I can't move!" pale

This song would have needed a PV TT
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Fri May 29, 2009 6:44 pm

tomoko_chan wrote:Today I noticed for the first time how scary are the lyrics for "my bloody knee high socks" o.O

This song would have needed a PV TT

Agreed 100% I would pay lots of money to see a PV of this song. Not just to see Th6 in knee-high socks either Wink

Anyway, I can imagine that the PV would be animated like the Final Fantasy 3 game that Tommy was playing when she dreamed up like this song. Seeing a little Tommy RPG character would be amazing.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Sat May 30, 2009 4:54 pm

I agree completely with sneakgolve. Those are some amazing lyrics........
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:47 pm

I just went to a record store,I saw buriguri's cd!!!!for the first time!!!!!!!!!!
but my country's currency is very small so the price tag is $99 Shocked !!!!
but,I bought a tokio hotel live dvd,which cost me $40 and I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Last night I went to member Chiew76's house and we had a Japanese movie (and beer) marathon. Well, we watched 4 movies, drank lots of beer and ate a Chinese takeaway.

We watched -

1. Cutie Honey
2. Linda! Linda! Linda!
3. Detroit Metal City
4. Rockers!

I really enjoyed all of these movies, for all different reasons. It was a great night, thanks Chiew Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 pm

I like Linda! Linda! Linda!
It's amazing how a movie which almost nothing happens keeps you interested.
doctorsup
doctorsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:28 am

doctorsup wrote:I like Linda! Linda! Linda!
It's amazing how a movie which almost nothing happens keeps you interested.

Haha, my thoughts exactly. The music's great too Wink

The same can be said about 'Rockers', try watching this movie too, it is a similar theme, but with slightly older men not schoolgirls.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:53 pm

OMG! I'm so happy!! >w< I finally found a job for this summer!!! It will be the same place as last summer (the supermarket) but all those stupid submanagers that I had last year have been dismissed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Also I know about a friend of mine that also started working here XD I'm sure I'll have loads of fun with him XDXD

This will be a great summer ^^ (despite the work XD)
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:45 pm

tomoko_chan wrote:OMG! I'm so happy!! >w< I finally found a job for this summer!!! It will be the same place as last summer (the supermarket) but all those stupid submanagers that I had last year have been dismissed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Also I know about a friend of mine that also started working here XD I'm sure I'll have loads of fun with him XDXD

This will be a great summer ^^ (despite the work XD)

I am so happy for you, congrats, and I hope it goes well for you Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 am

I am glad that you got a job. Is the economy bad in Spain too? I use to be able to hire a student to intern with me during the summer, but this got cut this year in order to save money.
doctorsup
doctorsup

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:01 pm

doctorsup wrote:I am glad that you got a job. Is the economy bad in Spain too? I use to be able to hire a student to intern with me during the summer, but this got cut this year in order to save money.

Yep... now economy is bad everywhere!! Anyway, I need the money in order to go to Barcelona T^T
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 am

I just came back from school,I would upload pictures soon,we're drawing lots of characters from"happy tree friends"
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm

MY DAY~~

Lots of study to be done. So, I shall do it in a minute.
I woke up late because I travelled from 4pm - 9:30pm yesterday,
which I'm not used to, so I was extremely tired. BUT, I joined a
site called LiveMocha. For people learning a language...

It's really good so far!

http://www.livemocha.com/japanese/speaking/exercises/7485741
- My speaking exercise. Gratefully, I received a message about my
pronciation of 少女 (Shoujo) = Girl, so I listened to my recording...
Ah! I said it like Shougo (正午 = noon, I believe). Embarassing. But,
I'm glad. Now I shall be more careful! Some Japanese words are hard
for me to say for some reason.

Some English words too though. I cannot say synonym. Only if I say it
slowly. Otherwise I say "cinnamon" or "synonyn". It's very annoying...
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Smile I remember when I was studying Japanese here in the U.K. I couldn't say the word 'Hajimemashite' lol Smile

I use to try and say it quickly, Hajim, Haji, Hajima, Hajimema, Haji... Oh, I give up. Smile People were falling off there chairs with laughter Smile

My teacher, Hitomi-san; said to me, 'Steve open your arms wide apart.' I said 'ok'. Now say the word slowly while moving your hands closer together, Ha-ji-me-ma-shi-te. Smile I kept practicing, and funny enough it worked. I think it is better to take the syllabus Ha-ji-me-ma-shi-te, six syllabuses and say them until you become more proficient and confident in saying them. Being able to say them is more important than speed, speed grows the more confident you become in saying them - through time. Later my teacher said 'Steve will now demonstrate how we greet people in Japan.' I replied 'Hai Hitomi-san, Mina-san Hajimemashite!' Smile

Fun times Smile

Remember, speed comes with time. The important thing is you can say the word.

I cannot say synonym. Only if I say it slowly.

Mind over matter. Smile
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Male Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 am

I guess you're right, Starryeyed!

I'm looking for a class to join, in fact. But there are not many places
here (in Bristol, if you know it) unfortunately. So, I was thinking of going
to Japan and doing an intensive immersion class. But I am so shy! I think
I would die of nervousness before I got there! I'll have to remember to
take one step at a time, like you said. So long as I can say the words, I'll
be okay. The speed will come afterwards, I shouldn't rush.

To be honest, there is no other word I cannot say in the English
Language that I can think of. But my friend calls me Spooner. This is
because I sometimes get unintentional episodes of swapping initials.
Nat West Bank = Wat Nest Bank, for example. Yeah~ I love language.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:48 am

I remember when I was younger I wanted to learn the Japanese language. At first I was going to study at home, but I thought it would be better vocally to learn from an actual Japanese teacher. Here in Leeds there was Park Lane College, I was going to start learning Japanese there, but there was about 30-35 students to 1 teacher. Sooo...I actually went back to Leeds University(I studied there before), where I enrolled on my Japanese course. I was worried about the other students/pupils and I had my reservations but.. there was only 10 students studying and it allowed for more closer teaching. My teacher was japanese(Hitomi-san), and was very helpful. If you are serious about learning Japanese I do recommend the books 'Japanese for Busy People', excellent tutorials and you can work at your own pace. I studied there for three years, but my teacher said I should go to Japan to improve my listening... I found the listening the most difficult - Well and saying 'Hajimemashite' Smile I adore the Japanese language though, the hiragana, Katakana, Kanjii, I love to read and write them Smile Jazzy, do what you feel is right, your confidence will grow. Never let anyone deter you from what you want to do. Sometimes I wish I did more when I was younger, sometimes I regret it, but stay true to what you want to do. You are young and you can achieve lots. Remember, Japanese isn't meant to be learnt in a year, it takes time and with it improvement will grow. Have the confidence and I'm sure you will get there soon enough. I hope this is some encouragement for you. If you do decide to go to Japan you will learn quicker, especially the speaking and the listening; but don't always look in front of you, look at your surroundings as they may hold an answer for you. Be with your family and friends so they can support you and give you the necessary confidence to succeed. Smile

I remember when my teacher said to me 'Steve(Sutiibu-san) you write Japanese beautifully.' I smiled and replied 'Hitomi, I think you have just placed a smile on my face for the rest of the day'. Thank you.

So don't be afraid, or shy; everyone is alittle scared of something new. Remember too, everyone has to start somewhere Smile
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:28 am

Ah! What kind of course did you do? Lifelong Learning Centre?
I want to apply to Leeds to do a BA in Japanese Studies. But, I'm hoping
moreso to go to SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies). In the
meantime, I may join a Lifelong course.

I'm worried about going to Uni. too, actually. I worry that I'll get over-
wealmed with the workload, as I have always had this feeling throughout
my life. But it was/is more apparent during my college days. Due to the
type of person I am, I guess I'm more prone to stress/anxiety.

But when I feel blue about my college work, the first thing I do is study
Japanese. It is my place of solace. So, I am very determined to keep up
my progress and, of course, enjoy it.

Thanks again, Starryeyed. It is encouraging! Sometimes I feel stuck in a
rut! As if I'm not progressing at all. 'Tis quite demotivating, you know?

However, you reminded me that learning Japanese truly makes me happy
and I do it because I enjoy it a lot. I think I shall consider what you said
carefully. I should make decisions that feel right to me, I don't want to be
uncomfortable but I should look at the potential in things once I get past
the first feelings of anxiousness regarding something new!
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:46 pm

My course? Well it was split over three years, A beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Japanese course. It was a progression course, which got more difficult the further I went with the subject. I found it the hardest when I was juggling work with the course as you have to put time aside for homework and study. I know it can be difficult. Some people work better alone, others with friends. I did think about doing the BA in Japanese studies at the time, but I wanted to slowly progress in Japanese, find my niche so to speak. When I started learning Japanese, I wanted to get a taste for it, like; to see how much the Japanese language appealed to me. Diving into the unknown at the time can be difficult, and unrewarding unless you prepare yourself for it. The way you mentioned you relax and felt happy by learning Japanese is good though - Sugoi! Smile

Going to University for many is part of life. You shouldn't feel worried, try and be prepared, like have all the books you need before you undertake your studying, have an action plan etc. Ask yourself, Will I be living at the campus? The reason you want to study Japanese? Self progress, become an interpreter, work overseas etc.. These are all the things you should know beforehand. If you are juggling work with your course maybe it would be better to try an easier course to see how you cope with the new pressures. I studied at Leeds Building of Technology before I went to Uni. The thing was, I took a couple of years out before I went to Uni, this in turn didn't make me feel prepared for the course I took there-after. Many people become worried, in many different ways; stress levels, workload, financial problems etc.. but this is your chance Jazzy, to meet new and interesting people, to gain experience, to improve oneself. It is like having the correct balance in life. Like, Ying and Yang. Everybody can feel blue, but it is natural to do the things which make us feel happy, even the small things such as making a 'cuppa tea'. When you talk about Japanese you seem to be quite passionate about it, this will help you in good stead for when you undertake your course. I studied German and French too(Not at the same time Smile ), and it is your determination and commitment to the language which drives you to succeed.

On the course I did we were able to speak to Japanese people(from Japan) and were given the chance to work overseas. Alot of this is dependant on the course you are undertaking, but there are opportunites if you wish to take them.

Jazzy, you are right about feeling uncomfortable, but sometimes it is how we learn and gain experience through life. Sometimes taking a step backwards to view the picture from a distance can help before stepping into the picture - similiar to the way thought process works, take time to observe before committing to the cause. But...if something just doesn't feel right though, don't do it.

The last thing I will mention is the use of the Japanese language, when I learned I was taught the 'Polite' way of speaking Japanese, my teacher thought it was important to convey this when expressing Japanese. I suppose it is like the English language, where people use the Queen's speech, slang, abbreviations, familiarity, or sayings (I am from Yorkshire) to express words and meanings. I'm actually glad she taught me this way as it gave me a sense of values.

In Japan, many Japanese place the 'u' after certain words, like Arigato(u), or Do(u) Itashimashite, to be polite. I remember one time though, some japanese people came to the course and one lady said 'If you-u go to Japan, do you-u thing you will go to Okinawa?' I smiled, because I think she was trying to be polite in the english language. Smile

Remember, do the course which best suits your needs, and if you are unsure; ask to speak to somebody at the University to 'iron-out' any worries or queries you may or may not be having.

I forgot to mention...I know not progressing can be difficult too. I set goals in life, it is just sometimes these so called goals become dreams too, as not everything can come true, or can it? Jazzy remember, you are progressing and maturing all the time, and you should feel this more later in life, when you are in your mid twenties. Don't progress too quickly, take things in step. I hope you enjoy whatever you do decide to do.

Good Luck be with you!
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for the insight! Sounds like you went on a really good course.
Luckily, all Japanese courses at Uni that I've seen include a year in Japan.

I pestered a few University students studying the courses I'm interested
in to see what books they worked from, they gave me a list and I have
them all. Ha ha! I've contacted every place I'm interested in already. But,
I have a few things I want to do before Uni!! So, I have plenty of time to
make sure it's what I want to do.

But I think I'm pretty set. I've checked out all the dormitories, the courses,
careers (I want to be a translator), just about everything I think. I'll have
to keep checking as I'll probably go to Uni in two years time.

Interesting about adding "U"s! I never knew that!

Today! I went to Tescos (a supermarket) and stood in a queue for 20
minutes as Tracy (the cashier woman) was looking around for someone to
help her. When I offered to find someone, after she complained a little, she
was really rude to me! Bah. I understood why it was taking so long ---
three customers had products that had to be checked --- so I didn't mind,
but as soon as she was rude to me, I was not a happy bunny.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next