Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM - I KILL MY HEART

+27
Tommy-kun
jazzbeans
Starryeyed
Kisen
mcd1180
chiew_76
Anunnunie
Yupgiboy
kero-chan
hidebow
riyu october3
mrchaddyd
Dammyf6
lonely_louie
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
NayaBania6
shizuenjune2
Sneakglove
sailorlum
ThomasW
joseX
Papermoon
ghitgo
EchoLawrence
tomoko_chan
BlackCheremy
Synchronicity
31 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM  - I KILL MY HEART - Page 11 Empty Re: Heavenly 3RD ALBUM - I KILL MY HEART

Post by jazzbeans Fri May 01, 2009 7:56 am

I agree with Sneakglove, I didn't see any transvestites. I just saw guys wearing clothes in a Boy George influenced style. A British incorporation. But I dunno what was happening in America during these times, what the fashion was like there, but.. certainly during the 80's, fashion seemed to be swaying that way when you look at people even like Cyndi Lauper. Heh.

Tommy's always silly though, I like that =D
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM  - I KILL MY HEART - Page 11 Empty Re: Heavenly 3RD ALBUM - I KILL MY HEART

Post by Synchronicity Fri May 01, 2009 10:51 am

^ yeah i agree with this too, I'm pretty sure they're just supposed to be gay rockers. I also think they fit because the album has to do with Heavenly6, and February6 relation to one another, and the whole Boy George gay kinda look is like February, and then the outfits they're wearing are totally Heavenly, so I think they work well Smile
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Fri May 01, 2009 1:18 pm

That ain't trans really, it's Glam Rock influenced, androgynous yes. You guys know stuff like Bowie, Marc Bolan and the New York Dolls right?

My CD+DVD arrived this morning, I've listened through once, but I will have to give it more time because it all flew past me pretty quickly, there wasn't many memorable moments on first play through, I'm hoping some of it will grow on me with further listening Smile
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Fri May 01, 2009 3:52 pm

I'mAPlayerInTVGames wrote:That ain't trans really, it's Glam Rock influenced, androgynous yes. You guys know stuff like Bowie, Marc Bolan and the New York Dolls right?

Yes, exactly!!!
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 pm

WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM  - I KILL MY HEART - Page 11 100_1110

Very nice. Its a standard double discs jewel case inside a plastic box of sorts. All of the booklet pics are from the video shoots, but are very nice. One in particular, across from the Leaving You lyrics, she looks about 18 years old. I love you I love you I love you
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Fri May 01, 2009 9:05 pm

At the end of the DVD, after all 4 videos, there is about 20-30 seconds of outtakes. Nothing special, but it was cool.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Sat May 02, 2009 3:25 am

Sneakglove wrote:
I'mAPlayerInTVGames wrote:That ain't trans really, it's Glam Rock influenced, androgynous yes. You guys know stuff like Bowie, Marc Bolan and the New York Dolls right?

Yes, exactly!!!

OK, transvestite was a poor choice of words. However, I don’t agree with FBM, the way her band is dressed really doesn’t fit with the style of music or the image of Tommy. The album doesn’t have a glam rock sound nor does it have the proto punk sound of the New York Dolls. Nor do I think that cute February, or silly-goth Heavenly fit with girly looking guys.

During work today, I came up with this theory. I am probably wrong, but who knows. I always thought of Tommy as a subversive character that is actually making fun of pop culture. When Tommy was part of the Brilliant Green, you can imagine the dumb Sony Execs telling her that she should be more like the other female J Pop singers, dress cutesier and get some girls to dance around in the background. So in response to this, Tommy develops a parody character, which is so over the top with the cheerleader getup and the how to get a man book. Later she develops Heavenly which is closer to the music that she wants to sing, but still pokes fun of the whole death goth culture in the Heavy Stary Heavenly songs.

So here’s what the dumb Sony Execs do. They tell her that they love Heavenly because she’s selling lots of CDs, but what’s with the Hakujin (white person) band. Can’t you be backed by a band of cool looking Japanese guys that are currently in vogue in J-Pop (e.g. effeminate looking guys). In case you don’t know what I am talking about, here is a picture of one of J-Pop's biggest male stars, Gackt.

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM  - I KILL MY HEART - Page 11 Gackt

So in response, Tommy once again pokes fun of the whole suggestion. She goes way over the top again and dresses her band like the New York Dolls.

OK, OK, I know this is all probably wrong. I'm sure to some of you (and maybe Tommy) that Gackt does not look like a girl, but this is what makes the most sense to the way that I think about Tommy.
doctorsup
doctorsup

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Sat May 02, 2009 4:43 am

doctorsup, good theory, that's what came to my thought occasionally.
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Sat May 02, 2009 4:48 am

Well your idea is a nice one, but i doubt it's true. It would be cool if it was, but i never exactly saw Tommy as such a rebel like that exactly. I mean I know she's a rebel in that she does things that are different, but I don't think she's such a specific rebel...if that makes sense...like i doubt she went "ugh i hate those Japanese dance girls in the background, let's make an entire character to make fun of it" y'know?

Also I think that it totally makes sense for the album, maybe not the sound, but for the videos and all that. like She just had androgynous Boy George like characters in Strawberry Cream Soda Pop, and it's quite obvious that her videos are starting to be related. Like honestly when i first saw the Glam rockers on the cover i immediately thought "Oh they're like the one's in SCSP!". So they don't fit for the sound, but i think she's useing them more to help tell the story and less to fit with the sound.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Sat May 02, 2009 4:53 am

I'mAPlayerInTVGames wrote:My CD+DVD arrived this morning, I've listened through once, but I will have to give it more time because it all flew past me pretty quickly, there wasn't many memorable moments on first play through, I'm hoping some of it will grow on me with further listening Smile

Me too, I've listen twice of three times(I was tired and didnt pay attention to the listening), I noticed all tracks are quite short, all 4mins song. All track's quitar part impressed me! and some tracks's constantly changing patterns, not quite the catchy style songs, no wonder the mass tend to dislike the album.
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Back to top Go down

Post by Plisskin Sat May 02, 2009 5:46 am

doctorsup wrote:
OK, transvestite was a poor choice of words. However, I don’t agree with FBM, the way her band is dressed really doesn’t fit with the style of music or the image of Tommy The album doesn’t have a glam rock sound nor does it have the proto punk sound of the New York Dolls. Nor do I think that cute February, or silly-goth Heavenly fit with girly looking guys.
During work today, I came up with this theory. I am probably wrong, but who knows. I always thought of Tommy as a subversive character that is actually making fun of pop culture. When Tommy was part of the Brilliant Green, you can imagine the dumb Sony Execs telling her that she should be more like the other female J Pop singers, dress cutesier and get some girls to dance around in the background. So in response to this, Tommy develops a parody character, which is so over the top with the cheerleader getup and the how to get a man book. Later she develops Heavenly which is closer to the music that she wants to sing, but still pokes fun of the whole death goth culture in the Heavy Stary Heavenly songs.
So here’s what the dumb Sony Execs do. They tell her that they love Heavenly because she’s selling lots of CDs, but what’s with the Hakujin (white person) band. Can’t you be backed by a band of cool looking Japanese guys that are currently in vogue in J-Pop (e.g. effeminate looking guys). In case you don’t know what I am talking about, here is a picture of one of J-Pop's biggest male stars, Gackt.
Musicians don't always have to coincide everything according to the style of music they create. That's what's so interesting about the artistry of music; you can draw inspiration from various genre's—be it through artistic direction, fashion, or the concept of the songs and combine them. The album doesn't need to have a glam-rock sound just because she chose to have 3 Boy George's on her album cover. The cover might not even have anything to do with the concept of "I KILL MY HEART". I think we all know that Tomoko has a humorous/sarcastic side to her which she adds to her music all the time. We also know that she's a big fan of Western 80's music. That's probably what the 3 Boy George's were about; a joke/homage. Nothing to look too deep into. Yet I suppose this is the down-side of her alter-ego's. Tomoko's Tommy heavenly6 and Tommy february6 have been pigeon-holed into making certain types of songs/styles of music and portraying a certain image. In a way it leaves her little room to branch out.

I don't have any theories. I just simply believe she wanted to try a different style of rock music for heavenly6. The last 2 albums were pretty much in the same direction musically.

FairyBlueMoon wrote:and Plisskin (you're the same Plisskin from the Jpopmusic boards, yes?) i find it a little odd that the over-seas fans don't like it considering it's charting well! and totally with you on hte lyrics book thing! I am dyeing to look at the lyrics of these songs especially You should live in he sunny Light. Very Happy
It is I, Plisskin from JPM. ... I want my CD. Twisted Evil I searched through Japanese blogs on ameblo and read some Japanese reviews (I've had a lot of free time on my hands.) and the general consensus is that it's a good album. I find that interesting considering the reaction amongst most foreign fans.

Anunnunie wrote:I've read a lot of negative comments too but people are entitled to their own opinions. Tommy tends to produce music that is polarizing for some of her fans: February vs Heavenly? Some people love February but can't stand Heavenly and vice versa.
Yeah. I never said they weren't entitled to their opinions. I just find it funny that I finally like a full album from heavenly6, but all the comments I've read have been decidedly negative. Laughing

Last edited by Plisskin on Sat May 02, 2009 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Errors (Fail))
Plisskin
Plisskin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://mystylle.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat May 02, 2009 5:59 am

ghitgo wrote:WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Very nice. Its a standard double discs jewel case inside a plastic box of sorts. All of the booklet pics are from the video shoots, but are very nice. One in particular, across from the Leaving You lyrics, she looks about 18 years old. I love you I love you I love you

Congrats ghitgo, is that picture you describe the same one I mentioned from the official sites 'mobile' page? If it is, I totally agree!

Hopefully today will be the day for me....
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Sat May 02, 2009 6:53 am

sigh~,I have to wait for another dreadful 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
I downloaded the album after seeing ghitgo's post,I can't wait for another dreadful 10 days so shame me Sad !
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Sat May 02, 2009 8:29 am

One thing I'm so happy with the new album is the booklet told:
Produced by Ciffon Brown = Shunsaku [the brilliant green]
AND K-Smith = Ryo

So I treat this album as the brilliant green's.
Well done Shunsaku!
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Sat May 02, 2009 2:35 pm

No, different pic, but that pic is on the back of the cd case.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Plisskin wrote:Yeah. I never said they weren't entitled to their opinions. I just find it funny that I finally like a full album from heavenly6, but all the comments I've read have been decidedly negative. Laughing

Oh, I agree with you and I didn't mean for it to look like I was talking about you - I was just stating "in general" and more from other boards ... and when I mean other, I mean JPM. Very Happy I find myself loving this album more than her other Heavenly6 efforts too but I think it's the more "buriguri" tone to some of the songs.

And thanks EchoLawrence, for pointing out that Shunsaku and Ryo wrote for her again! Yaay!
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Sat May 02, 2009 5:39 pm

yeah they're so mean on JPM! i mean i can understand not liking it, but they don't have to be rude about it!
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by kero-chan Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 am

Hi guys. I am reaaly sad because I haven´t recieved my copy of the album. I asked in the post office and it seems that my CD is still in the airport in Meéxico City (it has been there since April 30). At the begining I thogutht it was because of the holiday weekend here in México, but now I am thinking that it is because of issues related with the flu.

If I don't recieve my CD along the week I will listen to de mp3 copy that I have already downloadede. But I really want to listen it for the first time frome the original CD Sad
kero-chan
kero-chan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mrchaddyd Tue May 05, 2009 3:27 am

Still not here! I want it already! DX
mrchaddyd
mrchaddyd

Male Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-06

https://www.facebook.com/69SOFINE

Back to top Go down

Post by chiew_76 Wed May 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Mine arrived today!!
Am listening now!
chiew_76
chiew_76

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-17

http://www.last.fm/user/chiew_76

Back to top Go down

Post by kero-chan Wed May 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Yeah!!!!!!! Mine arrived in this moment!!!

The postman or mailman told me that they began to work again today. The package is so beautiful. I will listen it right now!!!!!!!!!!
kero-chan
kero-chan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Thu May 07, 2009 4:25 am

Why did they stop working? On strike for some reason?
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu May 07, 2009 6:26 am

mine hasn't arriveT-T,stupid malaysia snail mail
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu May 07, 2009 6:28 am

chiew_76 wrote:Mine arrived today!!
Am listening now!

Wow, the post to UK is really slow this time, but seeing that yours arrived gives me hope that mine will arrive today. bounce
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiew_76 Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 am

It wasn't too bad... I got the email saying CDJapan had shipped it on 28th April, and it arrived yesterday; that's 8 days for SAL shipping.

Love the album btw!
chiew_76
chiew_76

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-17

http://www.last.fm/user/chiew_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next