Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM - I KILL MY HEART

+27
Tommy-kun
jazzbeans
Starryeyed
Kisen
mcd1180
chiew_76
Anunnunie
Yupgiboy
kero-chan
hidebow
riyu october3
mrchaddyd
Dammyf6
lonely_louie
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
NayaBania6
shizuenjune2
Sneakglove
sailorlum
ThomasW
joseX
Papermoon
ghitgo
EchoLawrence
tomoko_chan
BlackCheremy
Synchronicity
31 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM  - I KILL MY HEART - Page 10 Empty Re: Heavenly 3RD ALBUM - I KILL MY HEART

Post by Sneakglove Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:04 am

I think it's fine to download it 'illegally' aslong as you have also ordered the album, or intend to in the future Wink

I can totally understand the impatience, but I have to do it the old fashioned way.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Heavenly 3RD ALBUM  - I KILL MY HEART - Page 10 Empty Re: Heavenly 3RD ALBUM - I KILL MY HEART

Post by shizuenjune2 Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 am

I'm not downloading tommy's songs since this is the first time I ordered an album,and the awesomeness will distract me from studying my mid term too.I will have to wait till 12th of may to listen,o god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:53 am

*pouts* why do you all have to go being all "moral" or whatever?? I wanna talk about the album.....*has 3 year old like tantrum*
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hidebow Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:04 pm

I got a new album today.
Then the shop assistant gave me a poster of GMICDN.
I was surprised because I had not expected it  Very Happy
hidebow
hidebow
Translator

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:19 pm

hidebow wrote:I got a new album today.

Waaaah you are so lucky >w< !!
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:25 pm

BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HIT NUMBER 4 TODAY!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!! GO TOMMY! GO TOMMY!!!! GO TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile I'm excited if you couldn't tell.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 pm

It debuted at #4!? Wow ... that's pretty good for no singles beforehand! I wonder how it'll do in the weekly rankings...
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:03 am

THAT KICKS ASS!! GO TOMMY!!!!!!!!

I just couldn't wait anymore and had to DL it too.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:27 am

So many people are hating on Tommy on Last.fm. I want to tell them all whats on my mind, but I'll be polite...................... Mad❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x:x
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-kun Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:43 am

First of all thank you for your welcome Smile i'm not so fluent in english but i'll do my best.

I've already listen to this new conceptual album and its (according to the official site) "Strawberry Ice Cream Rock" style and i can say it ROCKS Very Happy , it's different from her previous works but I LOVE IT, it has so many cool tracks and i'm glad she tried to change her style because doing the same anime-ish songs would turn out to be really boring and repetitive.

I dare to say it must be my favorite album from Tommy until now; and #4 on its debut!? WOW that's really really good! i didn't expect that, go go Tommy. =D

BTW i've been reading the negative reviews to the album on "that forum" but all of them can be resumed to "i don't like it, i was expecting more anime style songs, boring boring boring", in my opinion that's very mediocre from their part and don't give it a chance to appreciate it (closed mind) because they simply don't realize that going to the same way wasn't Tommy's desire, she wanted to renew herself and (for God's sake) was for good.

Well, im going to give my review for each track on the respective thread later, see ya.
Tommy-kun
Tommy-kun

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 am

ghitgo wrote:So many people are hating on Tommy on Last.fm. I want to tell them all whats on my mind, but I'll be polite...................... Mad❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x:
x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x❌x

iI couldn't help but speak my mind a little. Some of those comments made me really angry, and sad.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lonely_louie Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:13 am

I loved it! XD great album very smashing pumpkins like, Tommy is awesome! and people on FM need to chill out, those jerks! Mad
lonely_louie
lonely_louie

Male Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 am

I...must.. not... download it..... TT

I wonder if I will resist till I get it Sad
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:18 am

I'm fighting with my will power.To download or not to download,that is the question.haha
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:21 am

hidebow wrote:I got a new album today.
are there any new pictures on the booklet hidebow?^^
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am

To be fair, from what I've read, MOST of the people who don't like Tommy's new album still write that they love Tommy. To be honest, I don't like this album much either. I have to say though... I don't think it's a total failure or 100% boring =\. Listening to Do You Know My Heart? was a relief for me to hear (but I hate the chorus, just like with Gonna Change My Way of Life) after Wait For Me There and Leaving You.

It does remind me of the Smashing Pumpkins too, as someone said earlier. Also, "Surely" or is probably my favourite song on it. But I don't think I'll really listen to this album. Evenso,

Well done Tommy!! =D =D

Last edited by jazzbeans on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorlum Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Whoo hoo! Album released and at #4! Very Happy

I cannot resist the download...I'm hoping to find it on ebay or amazon at some point, for a bargin... cat

I definitely like Shut Up much better in the full version. Very Happy I love the whole album, really. There are definitely some nice fast paced songs mixed in with the slower paced songs, so I don't think it's boring, imo. It's got a good mix and a good narrative flow, I think. Cool

Playground is my favorite, both lyrically and musically, I think. Like a Star @ heaven
sailorlum
sailorlum

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 pm

2 words: flower crown. I love you
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:25 pm

OMGGGG I wish I had a copy....boo hoo...=(
Papermoon
Papermoon

Female Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-02-26

http://b-r-i-s-e-l.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Plisskin Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 pm

I've read the Overseas fans reviews on Tommy heavenly6's new album and a lot of people dislike it. But I love the album! It's so Garage Band/ Grunge and that's one of my favorite types of styles of music. I'm a fan of Tommy but her heavenly6 material was always a mixed bag. Too Avril Lavigne/ Pop Rock for my tastes.Then with "I KILL MY HEART" she finally releases an album where I love all the songs! Though I'm not surprised that a lot of people dislike this album. She gained her current fan-base with her Pop/Rock music. This album strayed from that.

My album shipped on the 28th! I'm anxious to see what the lyric book looks like.
Plisskin
Plisskin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://mystylle.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:37 pm

I've read a lot of negative comments too but people are entitled to their own opinions. Tommy tends to produce music that is polarizing for some of her fans: February vs Heavenly? Some people love February but can't stand Heavenly and vice versa.

I'll admit (and don't kill me here guys but ...): I used to strongly dislike February when she "debuted" in the beginning. It was at a time when I just didn't appreciate that type of music and I felt it was taking away from the brilliant green (at that time). After being such a brilliant green fan for so long, it came out of left field for me! Of course, I like and appreciate February's music now. But it actually took at least a year for me to come around to it ...

So, I guess what I'm saying is that people may still come around to her new album! If not, that's okay! I personally like the risk she took making an album, and I like the music so it makes me happy! Very Happy
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm

^ haha I'v eonly met people who hate Heavenly, wanna introduce me to the feb haters? (Not that i hate her, it's just Heavenly is much better in my opinion, I love Feb from time to time!)

and Plisskin (you're the same Plisskin from the Jpopmusic boards, yes?) i find it a little odd that the over-seas fans don't like it considering it's charting well! and totally with you on hte lyrics book thing! I am dyeing to look at the lyrics of these songs especially You should live in he sunny Light. Very Happy
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by mrchaddyd Fri May 01, 2009 3:23 am

I downloaded the album the day it came out. I can't wait for my CD/DVD to get here already!
mrchaddyd
mrchaddyd

Male Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-06

https://www.facebook.com/69SOFINE

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 am

I finally had some time to listen to the whole album tonight. When I first heard the previews, I thought that I was going to hate this album. Now that I have listened to it, it is not as bad I thought it would be, but still it has to be my least favorite of all of the TF6/TH6 albums. I don’t like that the slower tempo of many of the songs, such as Flower Clown. To me this makes them sound lethargic when compared to the previous two Heavenly albums. Also very few of the songs have great hooks which suck you into the music (e.g. Pray or GIMME ALL OF YOUR LOVE). Still there are some songs on this album that like, and I am sure I’ll end of listening to them another 5 or 10 times by tomorrow night.

Also while I have nothing against transvestites, I just don’t get them. While TH6 is suppose to be dark, I liked the way she makes Goth look cute. In Heavy Stary Chain, she took the ultimate death symbol, a coffin, and turned it into something that’s kind of silly. Maybe she was trying to do this with transvestites, but it just doesn’t work for me. Perhaps it’s something that doesn’t translate well from Japanese to American culture.
doctorsup
doctorsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Fri May 01, 2009 5:52 am

doctorsup wrote:Also while I have nothing against transvestites, I just don’t get them. While TH6 is suppose to be dark, I liked the way she makes Goth look cute. In Heavy Stary Chain, she took the ultimate death symbol, a coffin, and turned it into something that’s kind of silly. Maybe she was trying to do this with transvestites, but it just doesn’t work for me. Perhaps it’s something that doesn’t translate well from Japanese to American culture.

Lol, wear do trasvestites come into it? The guys in the PV's are a little on the 'gay' side, but they are not dressed as women. They are wearing late 70's early 80's male fashion, and men used to wear makeup in these days too. They are not dressed as women. Or am I missing something here?
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next