Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking Musical Genre's

4 posters

Go down

Talking Musical Genre's Empty Talking Musical Genre's

Post by Sneakglove Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:43 am

Whenever I am asked to describe the The Brilliant Green's musical style, I am always stumped. Their songs are all so diverse, and each of the 4 albums so far have been almost totally different from eachother.
I would first and foremost say they are a Rock band, maybe Alternative Rock, there are certainly also influences of Indie music in there, as we know this is the type of music that influenced Ryo and Shunsaku, along with Punk. I could never describe them as being 'Pop', even though I agree that Tommys contribution and influence does lean towards a more poppy sound. I did see somewhere somebody describe them as 'Powerpop', now after checking this on Wikipedia, I agree this is a pretty good description of The Brilliant Green's style, although it doesn't cover it completley.
Now I was wondering what everybody else thought of this. is there anyway to accuratley deescribe Buriguri's style and genre? Or are they just who they are? Discuss. confused

Last edited by Sneakglove on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Talking Musical Genre's Empty Re: Talking Musical Genre's

Post by Level masteR Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:57 pm

My opinion is that the brilliant green is a rock grupp. I can't see any pop in there songs.
Level masteR
Level masteR

Male Number of posts : 105

http://www.shibuya.no

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:18 pm

To me, their music genre is Brit-pop(or Brit-rock) in the era of "the brilliant green" album, and in Terra 2001, they're Indie Rock. Los Angels is a Rock album, and THE WINTER ALBUM is a Indie Pop.
In fact it is hard to define... but above is what I thought.
They call themself a J-Pop group.
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Echo, I agree with most of what you say, but I don't think they are J-Pop at all, to me J-Pop is stuff like Morning Musume etc. I would not even describe them as J-Rock, as I see that as stuff like Dir en Grey and L'arc en Ciel.
Alternative rock/Powerpop is the best decription I could come up with myself I think.
Also I think the Los Angeles album has huge element of Shoegaze, like the incesent guitars of Angel Song and the wall of sound that is HIDOI Ame. This obviously comes from the influences of Ryo and Shun, where as The Winter Album is a more 'Tommy-ish' album, and is as you say 'Indie Pop'.
I'm just confusing myself now.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:11 pm

I'd call them a rock/pop band. The band part will let people know that they're more...rocky. In my opinion Their first album is very Beatles inspired, their second is more like techno rock n' such (with CALL MY NAME), can't really say what Los Angeles is, and THE WINTER ALBUM is their most poppy album. Their most recent stuff like Stand by me, and ash like snow is more...like the common music of Japan. the three latest singles i can easily say are J-rock songs. Which is what I call them no my ipod.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:10 am

Sneakglove wrote:Echo, I agree with most of what you say, but I don't think they are J-Pop at all, to me J-Pop is stuff like Morning Musume etc. I would not even describe them as J-Rock, as I see that as stuff like Dir en Grey and L'arc en Ciel.

Yes, J-Rock made me think of some made-up bands LoL!!..
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum