The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^ - Page 12 Empty Re: The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^

Post by Starryeyed on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Your Welcome Jazzy - Dou itashimashite!

Yes the course was good, but I think the most important part was the teacher, if you have a good one you will learn quicker and feel more at ease to ask questions. The year in Japan will give you experiences which you wouldn't get in the U.K. which will be invaluable for your study.

Organisation, that is what I like to see. Smile Do keep checking as they may change the course layout or structure in two years.

Smile Now you don't add 'u' to all japanese words, just the selected ones. You should pick this up soon enough Jazzbeans-san Smile

Tescos, Well I do my shopping at Morrisons or Sainsbury's. I suppose you will find people who are rude, just don't be provoked into going down to there level, have your own sense of morals and values and stick with them.
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Male Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^ - Page 12 Empty Re: The legendary "How was your day?" topic ^^

Post by jazzbeans on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 pm

I definitely will! I hope it all doesn't change the courses too much. =\

Generally, I love shopkeepers, etc (for no particular reason, but my
voice is known to be cheerfully high-pitched when speaking to them,
ha ha). But she was just so rude! I didn't say anything back to her
'cause the person she wanted was coming in our direction anyways.

Today I have been hiding away from my studies.
Tomorrow, I have two exams. Political Philosophy and a Set Text on
A.J. Ayer (a philosopher). I am so nervous. I won't do well on this. Just
can't wait for it all to be over now. No exams for a WHOLE YEAR for the
first time in YEARS! You do not know how much that means to me...
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 am

I know exams are pains, believe me... I've spent too long in education not to know Smile I think... Hmmm... I hate presentations the most though. One time was funny;

I had to do a presentation about the Hierarchical Structures, about the way information is passed between different levels of a given company... Now, now, don't fall asleep! Smile Well... I prepared for the presentation in good sted, but... I decided to draw my diagrams and written text on the slides just before my presentation. Can you guess what happened... well... My hand was so wobbly, oh my, it was soooooo bad. It looked like I was trying to draw a wobbly worm all over the slides, well maybe an army of them. Smile I couldn't believe how nervous I was. I was also the last to show my presentation.. Everyone smiled, I looked at the slides and thought... where's the door, where's the door! I think my lecturer placed pity on me, definitely a time I would like to forget. Smile But now... well I have to smile. I am better at presentations..I am! I think the most important thing is you know what you are talking about. I won't tell you about one student who spent about three hours researching my topic in the library to try and catch me out on my presentation questions feedback.... Oh I just did Smile

Now if we just take out 'Political' and just have 'Philosophy'... Now that would be interesting to me.

Good luck in your exams, this applies to everyone and anyone taking them. I do know how horrible they are. I remember some people disliked them so much they purposely would take subjects where it was only course-work based. Not ideal, but true.
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Argh... I'm feeling angry. REALLY ANGRY ¬¬
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 am

Tomoko_chan! Why so angry? =( Hope you feel better soon!!

Starryeyed wrote:I know exams are pains, believe me... [etc, I didn't wanna quote the whole thing =P]
No worries, I do Business Studies so I can relate to levels of a company, ha ha. I'm not falling asl-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Three hours studying your topic to catch you out!! The effort, ha ha. Boy do I hate wobbly hands, can't do much with them.
So, I feel sad hearing that story!! Luckily, I haven't had to do presentations much in my life. But I usually learn nothing so I
don't like them, perhaps that's because all I think of is how nervous I am.

Philosophy can include many interesting topics (this list is from my exam board): Moral philosophy, the theory of knowledge (epistemology), philosophy of science, political philosophy, philosophy of religion, philosophy of the mind and two set texts on philosophers. - So, plenty to look at there. I think it helps you to establish your own views too, build on them, take some away, be aware of more arguments for and against your views, allows you to be more articulate about them, etc.

(Suits me, I love self-improvement and self-awareness and general awareness of my surroundings).

But I don't like studying it (I wish I just kept it as a hobby!). A2 in particular just made me down-in-the-dumps 24/7. I'm glad
to say I completed my last two exams and will never look back on Philosophy again! =P I couldn't do a coursework-based
course, I'm too last-minute for that. Ha ha!

Anyways back to watching Anpanman and Doraemon! x
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 am

Starryeyed wrote:
In Japan, many Japanese place the 'u' after certain words, like Arigato(u), or Do(u) Itashimashite, to be polite. I remember one time though, some japanese people came to the course and one lady said 'If you-u go to Japan, do you-u thing you will go to Okinawa?' I smiled, because I think she was trying to be polite in the english language. Smile

I've never heard of this!! Sometimes I discussed with my friends about whether placing the "u" was correct or not (some people write arigatô and some arigatou). Thanks for the explanation!! It's really interesting ^^

Jazzbeans wrote:
But I don't like studying it (I wish I just kept it as a hobby!). A2 in particular just made me down-in-the-dumps 24/7. I'm glad
to say I completed my last two exams and will never look back on Philosophy again! =P I couldn't do a coursework-based

Same to me! I like philosophy, but when I have to study it seems a neverending story TT I'd like to keep it just like a hobby, like a topic to discuss, you know? XDD

And... GYAAH! DORAEMON! Here in Catalonia everyone (well... all those are under 20 years old) knows Doraemon as it has been broadcasted in the mornings from like... well, 15 years ago or so XDD

This is the catalan Doraemon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgANGo66ks (just forget about the pic... XD)
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 am

[quote="tomoko_chan"]
Starryeyed wrote:
In Japan, many Japanese place the 'u' after certain words, like Arigato(u), or Do(u) Itashimashite, to be polite. I remember one time though, some japanese people came to the course and one lady said 'If you-u go to Japan, do you-u thing you will go to Okinawa?' I smiled, because I think she was trying to be polite in the english language. Smile

I've never heard of this!! Sometimes I discussed with my friends about whether placing the "u" was correct or not (some people write arigatô and some arigatou). Thanks for the explanation!! It's really interesting ^^

Jazzbeans wrote:

Same to me! I like philosophy, but when I have to study it seems a neverending story TT I'd like to keep it just like a hobby, like a topic to discuss, you know? XDD

And... GYAAH! DORAEMON! Here in Catalonia everyone (well... all those are under 20 years old) knows Doraemon as it has been broadcasted in the mornings from like... well, 20 years ago or so XDD

This is the catalan Doraemon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgANGo66ks (just forget about the pic... XD)

Well, the original one it's sligthly different but the same lyrics XD

Last edited by tomoko_chan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

I vomited three times today Sad ,and had a fever too.
But now I feel great Smile
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Your Welcome TC. Hmmm.. there are other things you can do to be polite in Japanese for example the use of the 'O'.

When you want to ask a Japanese person if they are well, you could say;

Genki desu ka. This translates to 'Are you fine'?

'ka' usually signifies a question... but if you want to be polite you would say..

O-genki desu ka.

Which translates to 'How are You? (More polite way of speaking) A typical answer to the question could be;

Watashi wa(ha) Genki desu, Dore Wa? (I am fine, and You?)

wa(ha) - as in 'am' is actually written as 'ha' in Japanese writing, but can be said as either 'wa' or 'ha'.

Well, I'm not going to go into Japanese too much, I think everyone needs a study break Smile Especially Jazzbeans as we don't want her to fall asleep again.

[etc, I didn't wanna quote the whole thing =P] & ha ha. I'm not falling asl-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

You cheeky.... Smile

Well seeing as I studied Systems Analysis & Design, Oh wait should I have mentioned that, maybe Jazzbeans will go into a deeper sleep Smile I would find the theory of knowledge, the philosopy of the mind and science to be interesting. I agree though with TC & JB, it is interesting to discuss, maybe not to study. I wouldn't find Political philosophy interesting or philosopy of Religion as I feel Religion is the cause of many problems in this world. You can disagree if you want to Smile I agree it will help you cast your own views and possibly forge your own beliefs, morals and values.

Now for another story.

I remember when I was working for a company about seven years ago. I was working with a woman called 'Laura', we both started at the company on the same day; she was Jazzbeans age and was very opinionated - (has alot of Spirit). Laura was heavily into Politics, not Philosophy, but Politics, U.K government etc. When you work together you often discuss the things you like, anyway.. I talked about Star Wars, because it has been a favourite film of mine for a long time. Laura would listen to me at first, but then one day she said 'Oh Steve I don't want you to talk about Star Wars' - I did talk about other things too Smile So I said 'Why not'. Laura said 'Oh please don't take this the wrong way, but I find Star Wars boring.' So I smiled and said 'Well Laura we can talk about other things if you like.' So we spoke about Music, and other movies, and places to visit around Europe etc.. One day, Laura started talking about Politics... Now can you guess what I said Smile 'Oh Laura, Now you remember when you mentioned about Star Wars, well... Laura, I don't want to talk about Politics.' She laughed. Later that day we made a pact, If I don't talk about Star Wars Laura wouldn't discuss Politics with me. So from that day forward if one of us spoke about our subjects the other would remind them by talking about there's. Smile We had a good friendship. Laura left the company, and went on to learn politics. Later, she went to Africa to be with her boyfriend who was African. I remember when she showed me a photo the day when she left. I smiled and said, 'Are you happy' she said 'Yes'. 'And if you had to choose between your boyfriend and Politics,' She Said 'Oooow difficult, but politics!' I had to laugh. Later that day, I bought Laura a frame for her photo. I said 'Laura, now you have a frame for your photo.' It does feel good, to make somebody happy, such a wonderful feeling. And my thoughts on Politics, well Laura didn't change my mind Smile

Oh no, What's happened...everyone in the forum has fallen asleep now - Oh Wake Up, Wake Up! everyone. How can I make everyone wake up, Oh I have tickets for a Tommy concert!! Smile

Anyway, I think I'll shut up for a while and let you girls have a chat Smile Sometimes I do waffle too much, the speaking kind not the eating one. Smile

But now I feel great
- @shizuenjune2 - Glad your feeling better.
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

tomoko_chan wrote:And... GYAAH! DORAEMON! Here in Catalonia everyone (well... all those are under 20 years old) knows Doraemon as it has been broadcasted in the mornings from like... well, 20 years ago or so XDD
Ha ha!! I had never watched it before about three days ago. It's not as good as Anpanman in my opinion! I've been watching Sazae-san too. But I only have one episode myself. The rest I watch on YouTube. It's good! It's quite an old show too, it's been going since the 60's, I think...

shizuenjune2 wrote:I vomited three times today Sad ,and had a fever too.
But now I feel great Smile
Sorry to hear about that, Shizuenjune2. Glad you feel a lot better! x
And I hope you have fully recovered! Was it a 24hr virus?

Starryeyed wrote:Well, I'm not going to go into Japanese too much, I think everyone needs a study break Smile Especially Jazzbeans as we don't want her to fall asleep again.
Zzzzz.. [Stirs] Huh? What? [Rubs eyes and yawns] What's going on everyone? =)

Starryeyed wrote:I would find the theory of knowledge, the philosopy of the mind and science to be interesting.

Yeah, I wish I did philosophy of the mind and science. I did the theory of knowledge though. It was interesting =)
Political philosophy involves.. laws (where do they come from, how can we react to laws that infringe our rights, how do we influence law, what are the conversative, liberal, etc, views on law), rights, freedom, authority and political ideologies (Marx and all that jazz). Philosophy of religion, I didn't study this. But I had to read a book on Ayer, he's very well-spoken and attacks metaphysics (in his chapter, "The Elimination of Metaphysics" in which he argues that those undertaking this subject are "dedicated to the production of nonsense").

It's quite an interesting book, it's about different things. So, not only metaphysics, but the role of philosophy - he believes it should help science. What maths and logic is (empirical knowledge = knowledge from experience, or a tautology = that which is necessarily true?). He attempts to resolve a few philosophical debates and speaks of different kinds of statements you can talk about, etc... Hey, here's a good site for squashed versions of what philosophers say (including that book on Ayer).

Starryeyed wrote:Now for another story.
Ha ha! Although I do love learning about politics, I don't learn much about current politics unless taught or unless I happen to catch Daily Politics. The reason I love it is because it helps me understand the way our society is run (I think it's so important to learn a little bit about your country in this way, learn it's law, etc. Not in as much detail as I do though, of course). But yeah, I couldn't talk much about it. Only about its structure. Not the MPs, etc. But I don't like Star Wars either! People think I would 'cause I like Star Trek. But I don't understand their logic. They are completely different things, right?

Starryeyed wrote:Sometimes I do waffle too much, the speaking kind not the eating one. Smile
No worries about waffling on. I'm a chatterbox. Some people hate to MSN me because I speak for paragraphs on end! Luckily for them, I haven't been on MSN for ages. Ha ha! I wonder if they miss me..

Wow. Longest post I've ever posted on a forum, I think.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Well I'm not going to say too much Smile but...

Yeah, I wish I did philosophy of the mind and science. I did the theory of knowledge though. It was interesting
Agreed.

I would 'cause I like Star Trek. But I don't understand their logic
haha, Are you Vulcan? Smile

I like both Star Trek & Star Wars, people like things for different reasons. Star Wars I like not just because of the film, but for the ideas such as religion - The Jedi, others; Good Vs Evil, The Japanese way of the Sword, having a code of honour - the Lightsaber and of course the romance, a man who falls for a Princess, a fairytale so to speak. (The chemistry between the stars Smile Star Trek I like for the characters, the man in red who always gets killed (Old 60s version - William Shatner and co) I did enjoy the new film at the cinema, but I am not a fan of the Next Generation - Pickard and co etc..

Logic is interesting, I often did Logic Problems, solve Algorithms (In programming class), jigsaws & the rubix cube etc Smile Human behaviour is interesting too. I like Analysis.

Oh no Jazzbeans is talking about politics zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... Smile I suppose you have a point, people need to know some laws. I remember speaking to somebody about the International laws over European waters.. quite interesting. I suppose it was criminal law, as it took place over the borders of two countries. Whose jurisdiction does it belong to? Maybe changing the subject alittle there..

Oh, I need to learn to know when to shut up. Smile Its' funny, when I email my friends I can talk for 2x A4 pages at least.. I usually start by saying, maybe you should grab a cuppa tea before you read this Smile

Anyway, hmm..yes you do seem to be a chatterbox Jazzbeans Smile... I think if we actually spoke on the phone I could put the phone at the side of me and you would continuely talk Smile I would say to my friends, Oh its' just Jazzbeans waffling Smile Even I see through this forum you have a sense of hmm... well a spirit, a head on your shoulders Smile A nice quality.

Well I've gotta check out my Red Cliff 2 now.. So, I'm sure we'll have a chat another time Smile

Oh and one last thing.. Communication is important, so being a chatterbox is fine. Communication is important for understanding one another, for listening, and is what many regard as the main reason people stay together, without communication things can easily breakdown.
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:44 pm

You know, I've actually been called a Vulcan several times in my life.
To emotional people, I'm logical. To logical people, I'm emotional. Bah humbug! I'm the best of both worlds, you see. =D

I haven't watched the film. But I grew up with the original Star Trek. ^^ So, personally, I think it's the best one.
But I've watched more of Next Generation (my boyfriend loves it you see, but doesn't like the original 'cause he's weird).

We are quite alike then perhaps! "Oh no Jazzbeans is talking about politics zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... " HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!

Criminal law is MY FAVOURITE!! But, I think people need to learn: Self-defence law, omissions (your duty to others), police powers (your rights regarding being stopped & searched, etc) and laws on assault. More relevant, perhaps.

Thank you! Yeah, chatterboxes are fine.. so long as they can listen too. Have a blast! x
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:14 pm

You know, I've actually been called a Vulcan several times in my life.

Well I will say you are logical then Jazzbeans. Smile

I haven't watched the film. But I grew up with the original Star Trek. ^^ So, personally, I think it's the best one

Agreed, the original is the best. The new one is worth seeing though. If you get the chance, do go and see it I'm sure you will enjoy it

But I've watched more of Next Generation (my boyfriend loves it you see)

Good, because sharing is another quality which people need in a relationship. I hope he finds the time to watch what you like too. Give and Take, sharing is an important part of being in a relationship, as is communication. Being able to share your thoughts. It brings people closer together too Smile

I don't like many other Sci-fi series but I do like...

If you get the chance, do try and see Babylon 5 too, another old time favourite of mine. Well written, and quite fascinating. Fabulous characters, especially the relationship between Sheridan and Delenn. Beautiful to see. Also how we are all children in this universe and how are parents - The Shadows(An ancient race) and the Vorlons(Another ancient race) won't let go of our children(us) - The Humans, Minbari etc... You have to see it to really understand my meaning. I suppose it is like there is a higher being in the universe, one which is good and the other which is evil. In Babylon 5, the Shadows, quite fascinating; are the evil side whilst the Vorlons, like spirits; are the good side. The series asks many questions, such as do we actually need them, our parents in the universe? The actual reason for them, is war; but can people survive without war. Anyway, I digress. Interesting though.

We are quite alike then perhaps!

Yes, I suppose we are in a way. Smile

I knew somebody who was an apprentice in law. They were going to choose either criminal law or international law as there chosen path. Criminal law can be difficult though, subject to things in life which many find incomprehensible. The person I spoke to was actually scared of criminal law because the lawyer can be targetted so to speak. Criminal law is fascinating though. International law dealt with trading standards, and violation of aerospace etc..

Self-defence law, omissions (your duty to others), police powers (your rights regarding being stopped & searched, etc) and laws on assault.

Agreed.

Thank you! Yeah, chatterboxes are fine.. so long as they can listen too.

Yes, agree too.

Have a blast!

Oh is somebody shooting a laser at me Smile Hmmm... a better reply might have been 'Phasers set to stun' or maybe not Smile
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, we do communicate. To us, a relationship without good communication is beyond our understanding - just crazy talk. We've been together for nearly three years long-distance (London - Bristol, not too far) so perhaps that helps in a way. He's my best friend and that's the greatest thing about it I feel. I think he balances me, been very supportive during my college years.

I feel sorry for him though! He named a song after me called "My Girl is Blue" (it cuts part of the beginning on this for some reason..). On one level, it was nice. But on another it was sad because I've probably been "blue" on and off for most of the years I've known him (4 out of 5yrs possibly). I don't want anyone to put up with that, you know?

He makes electronic music. He's very influenced by minimalism at the moment. Here's his new EP (he released an album not too long ago, he has another EP but his style has changed since then): http://sevish.co.uk/music/exposure_ep/

It's also free (he's with Creative Commons). And this is Free Advertisement for him, ha ha.

I wouldn't want to work in law. But it is interesting learning about it, speaking to people within the law field too.

HA HA! It would have been a cheesy reply =D
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Yeah, you are right in your thinking. You have a good character even I can see that. Three years being together is interesting, but I think when you said 'He's my best friend' is something special. To have someone you love, and for them to be your best friend REALLY is something special. He balances you, like Ying and Yang Smile The one thing I will say is, you hold on to him; he seems like a good guy, maybe just try and change his opinion about ST Next Generation being better than the ST Original Series Smile Being supportive of you is a quality in its' own right. And to write a song for you, well that even puts a smile on my face. I remember when I wrote a poem for somebody, like a song; it comes from the heart. Don't try and think too much about what you think he had to put up with, I think in his heart he would do anything for you. And for that there is no substitute. Distance doesn't matter as long as you keep both of your feelings true.

Well, I was a big game music fan in my day, electronic synthesizers - Chris Huelsbeck fan, so I'll have a listen to his music later Smile

It's also free (he's with Creative Commons). And this is Free Advertisement for him, ha ha.

Well why not eh! Smile

It takes alot of dedication to go into law, my friend spent six years of studying, then became an apprentice before actually becoming a lawyer.

At least you have finished your exams now, so I will say 'Take it Easy For Now' JB. Smile

Last edited by Starryeyed on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Hmm.. To watch Battle Royale II or not to watch it! Battle Royale is one of my faves (loved the book). But, I'm not sure about a sequel. It's on soon now though, hmm. Also! My sound recorder on my computer is so poor. I've had to install another one, it's pretty good but.. I wish it was more simple. Also, I had to install Adobe Flash thingy (even though I thought I had it). But, I didn't know which one to get! I just got one saying for Ubuntu 8.04+. =\ I have 8.10. I wonder if it's any different, anyone have Linux?

Starryeyed wrote:Yeah, you are right in your thinking. You have a good character even I can see that. Three years being together is interesting, but I think when you said 'He's my best friend' is something special. To have someone you love, and for them to be your best friend REALLY is something special. He balances you, like Ying and Yang Smile The one thing I will say is, you hold on to him; he seems like a good guy, maybe just try and change his opinion about ST Next Generation being better than the ST Original Series Smile Being supportive of you is a quality in its' own right. And to write a song for you, well that even puts a smile on my face. I remember when I wrote a poem for somebody, like a song; it comes from the heart. Don't try and think too much about what you think he had to put up with, I think in his heart he would do anything for you. And for that there is no substitute. Distance doesn't matter as long as you keep both of your feelings true.

Well, I was a big game music fan in my day, electronic synthesizers - Chris Huelsback fan, so I'll have a listen to his music later Smile
Yeah, he's great in many, many ways. I'm very lucky. We make everyone jealous.

Ha ha, same with him. Loves old Sonic, Pokemon and has about 10,000 arcade games. O_O (an exaggeration, probably 1,000 or something). He was influenced by that kind of music you find on games, he still likes it. But now, he's turned to Microtonal stuff. He now wants to shift from 12-tone equal temperament to microtonal stuff, I forgot what tones he prefers. I don't think he likes 24 much. But he likes 15 or something. [Sigh] I never remember.

It takes alot of dedication to go into law, my friend spent six years of studying, then became an apprentice before actually becoming a lawyer.

At least you have finished your exams now, so I will say 'Take it Easy For Now' JB. Smile
Exactly! I know I am definitely not that dedicated to law. A lot of people thought I would be, but~ No, not for me.
I shall take it VERY easy indeed! Or try to.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Hmm.. To watch Battle Royale II or not to watch it! Battle Royale is one of my faves (loved the book). But, I'm not sure about a sequel. It's on soon now though, hmm. Also! My sound recorder on my computer is so poor. I've had to install another one, it's pretty good but.. I wish it was more simple. Also, I had to install Adobe Flash thingy (even though I thought I had it). But, I didn't know which one to get! I just got one saying for Ubuntu 8.04+. =\ I have 8.10. I wonder if it's any different, anyone have Linux?

First one excellent, second not so. See it though so you can cast an opinion about the film.

Ha ha, same with him. Loves old Sonic, Pokemon and has about 10,000 arcade games. O_O (an exaggeration, probably 1,000 or something). He was influenced by that kind of music you find on games, he still likes it. But now, he's turned to Microtonal stuff. He now wants to shift from 12-tone equal temperament to microtonal stuff, I forgot what tones he prefers. I don't think he likes 24 much. But he likes 15 or something. [Sigh] I never remember.

Well if we are talking about the MAME collection then probably 3,000 Smile Now Jazzbeans what was the first rule - communication and listening, don't you listen to when he talks about his tones or do you fall asleep Smile

Well I'm no musician, but his music was definitely game influenced, the intro sounds similiar to Castlevania, a favourite game of mine from the past. Good Stuff, I expect to see his name in the credits on a sonic game somewhere in the future Smile

He now wants to shift from 12-tone equal temperament to microtonal stuff,

Well I think you lost me there Smile Oh but have your fella, Sean from the website? check out the OCRemix project, there are alot of game music remixes available depending on his taste of music.
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:55 am

I'm watching Battle Royale II (well, kind of, but not enough to know what's going on - to be honest, I may as well turn it over), it's weird to see Tatsuya Fujiwara (Nanahara Shuuya) again after so long, haven't seen him since the first Battle Royale.

MAME, that's right! I love playing Metal Slug. Ha ha. I die all the time...
I like his arcade boad, it's quite fun to play on actually.

I do, but he uses so many music terms. Do you know how long it took me to remember "12-tone equal temperament"? (I usually missed out the word "equal"). He's only told me which tones he likes and dislikes once, whilst showing me examples of microtonal music! So, that's my defence, ha ha.

I wish I did understand though. You should see how happy it makes him! He gets really excited, it's nice to see. But sometimes, I have to own up and tell him I have no clue what he's talking about. Of course, he explains it to me but I don't understand it straight away usually (I swear, I am such a slow learner. I've frustrated many teachers, friends and family members because of this unfortunate fact).

Yup, he's called Sean. =) Sevish for his music though, of course. I've sent him an e-mail with your recommendation. On his behalf, thank you very much!

I said he should put his music up on that public library place where people look for music to use for their shows, etc (e.g. that annoying children's laughter they always play, the cat being hit by something noise and I've heard the Jeremy Kyle intro in another show actually - these I suspect all are in this library). But he does not want to make profit on his music, evenso, I think some of his stuff would make great game music and such too!
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:21 am

Well I'll be quick with this reply as it's nearly 4am Smile Just finished watching Gran Torino. Interesting film.

I'm watching Battle Royale II (well, kind of, but not enough to know what's going on - to be honest, I may as well turn it over), it's weird to see Tatsuya Fujiwara (Nanahara Shuuya) again after so long, haven't seen him since the first Battle Royale.

Haha! Well, I'll expect a full and complete SA about 'Battle Royale II' in the morning Smile

MAME, that's right! I love playing Metal Slug. Ha ha. I die all the time...I like his arcade boad, it's quite fun to play on actually.

Yeah, I know the game. Even I die all the time. He has the Arcade game, super! I remember the Neogeo, expensive when it was released here in the U.K. Metal Slug has some great animation and 2D sprites. Alot of fun! There's about 7 in the series now as far as I know Smile

I do, but he uses so many music terms. Do you know how long it took me to remember "12-tone equal temperament"? (I usually missed out the word "equal"). He's only told me which tones he likes and dislikes once, whilst showing me examples of microtonal music! So, that's my defence, ha ha.

I wish I did understand though. You should see how happy it makes him! He gets really excited, it's nice to see. But sometimes, I have to own up and tell him I have no clue what he's talking about. Of course, he explains it to me but I don't understand it straight away usually (I swear, I am such a slow learner. I've frustrated many teachers, friends and family members because of this unfortunate fact).

Yes, I know how that feels. It puts a smile on my face when I see somebody talk passionately about something, such as his interest for music composition. Its' like, they can't shut up. I was talking about superstition recently with a friend, and sometimes I get excited; and when my friend says, Steve you are getting excited, I would say 'No I'm not' Smile Then I start to waffle. Smile I think sometimes people talk about there favourite subjects with abbreviations so it takes more time to learn if you don't know the in's and out's of the subject matter.

So, that's my defence, ha ha.

Are you in court, and the defence stands Smile

Yup, he's called Sean. =) Sevish for his music though, of course. I've sent him an e-mail with your recommendation. On his behalf, thank you very much!

I said he should put his music up on that public library place where people look for music to use for their shows, etc (e.g. that annoying children's laughter they always play, the cat being hit by something noise and I've heard the Jeremy Kyle intro in another show actually - these I suspect all are in this library). But he does not want to make profit on his music, evenso, I think some of his stuff would make great game music and such too!

Well I did download the music and checked out people's comments on his website. If he likes game music he should check it out as they are always looking for new remixers. He may even find some Sonic tracks which may give him inspiration for new music. Here's the link;

http://www.ocremix.org/

I think all this is done freely, whilst occasionally they ask remixers to fill albums with remixed tracks. Worth checking out. Even I can tell he has talent, see what he thinks.

Ok, time to sleep. Oh I'm out already... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Starryeyed: I did write an essay for BR II, but... my cat ate it. Sean says "Thanks!", very kind of you, but already knows about the site, he told me. The kind of music they like is different and such.. you know my memory's failing me. I think I need more rest.

Yesterday, I babysat at my neighbour's house. The little girl was a terror. But managable! She threw messages downstairs reading, "I am doing chekye fings so wochuot" [translation: I am doing cheeky things, so watch out]. Terrible, huh? But she's sweet. She called me "Nikula" as well (which is not my name by the way). I didn't bother to correct her, the entire household has referred to me by a numourous amount of names. My name is clearly a difficulty (yet, four letters long!). So, I go by Jazz nowadays. It's my middle name and everyone knows how to say it!

Today~ I feel lethargic. I wanted to see my old (and best) friend, but she's not feeling well (she's pregnant and seems to have a few problems with it). So, I hope she feels better soon (ジョアンナ、早く元気になってね). I, myself, have been feeling tired and not good for a while now. Blah, blah blah..

In any case, I'll be normal soon. Listen to good music (the brilliant green~ etc) and surround myself with things I love. Get all my Japanese study books out and have a blast!! I'm-a learn PARTICLES. How long have I been avoiding them? Too long. Too long..
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryeyed on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Starryeyed: I did write an essay for BR II, but... my cat ate it. Sean says "Thanks!", very kind of you, but already knows about the site, he told me. The kind of music they like is different and such.. you know my memory's failing me. I think I need more rest.

Haha the cat eh! And I thought you were going to say the Metal Horse ate it Smile If I see anymore remixer sites which your fella might be interested in I'll let you know and pass them onto you.

Nice talking with you Jazzbeans, don't let the kids rule you! Smile
Starryeyed
Starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan on Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm really happy right now. I wish I'd never leave Barcelona and that Pablo would never return to Madrid ToT

Tonight I'm going to a concert ^^ Tomorrow I'll leave Barcelona, unfortunately TT I want so bad to have my flat here already TT I'm sure tomorrow I will cry >.< UGGH! Those have been great days...!
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:13 am

I'm so happy right now Very Happy .
I met my crush on saturday.We hung out for more than 2 hours,and he bought me lunch too.I was so embarassed Embarassed .
he's a nice guy but too bad I never have the courage to tell him how I feel tongue .
It was one of the happiest days of my life I love you !
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 am

shizuenjune2 wrote:I'm so happy right now Very Happy .
I met my crush on saturday.We hung out for more than 2 hours,and he bought me lunch too.I was so embarassed Embarassed .
he's a nice guy but too bad I never have the courage to tell him how I feel tongue .
It was one of the happiest days of my life I love you !

You have to tell him, or you may spend the rest of your life wondering "What if?". Anyway, you are good looking and cute, he would be crazy to turn you down Wink

Oh, Jazzbeans & Starryeyed, just checking, but did you receive the PM I sent you?

Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:11 am

oo,ur making me blush Razz ,me cute?haha
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum