Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return

+6
toniayu
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
ghitgo
Synchronicity
ThomasW
Kisen
10 posters

Go down

THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return Empty THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return

Post by Kisen Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return
By DANIEL ROBSON

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fm20120302r1.html

READ, DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

" Back in 2003, she produced the idol-pop group Tommy Angels, a team of singing and dancing schoolgirls who released one single, charted at No. 78 — and were never heard from again. But Kawase seems ready to give it a more serious shot, and this summer she will unveil a brand-new..."
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Kisen
Kisen

Male Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return Empty Re: THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return

Post by ThomasW Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:23 pm

What a FANTASTIC interview!!
Her world is so amazing
I can relate to almost everything she says about the personalities.
ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return Empty Re: THE JAPAN TIMES ONLINE - Tommy February6 makes a heavenly return

Post by Synchronicity Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 am

That was really good, and awesome to be reassured she's gonna keep steadily releasing music, and push them further.

I dunno about this new group she's putting together...it sounds a bit silly, but I suppose all the persona related stuff is, or is at least over dramatized for affect. I'm sure it will be cool.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:12 am

The band idea is amazing. I guess I'm in the minority, I love all versions of Tommy, always have, and always will.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Great interview. The duo idea sounds... interesting, bring it on!

I was quite impressed by her ideas about recording the february stuff analog synths to tape rather than doing it all digital - it shows she 'get's it' - as if there was any doubt!
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm

ghitgo wrote:The band idea is amazing. I guess I'm in the minority, I love all versions of Tommy, always have, and always will.

Me too!
She's amazing in everything she does!
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by toniayu Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 pm

wow...this is really interesting!!Thank u!!
Can't wait till summer!!I wanna know more about the new band...
toniayu
toniayu

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:41 pm

I think the blend of February and Heavenly works very nicely.

I want to see this duo!! I wish she could debut them now instead of summer...I'm always so impatient. T__T
Papermoon
Papermoon

Female Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-02-26

http://b-r-i-s-e-l.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:07 am

I'm so glad she's active again Very Happy hope to see more of her live performances
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:41 am

shizuenjune2 wrote:I'm so glad she's active again Very Happy hope to see more of her live performances

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping she'll perform at least one song on ANY TV SHOW D:
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks so much for posting Kisen, what a great interview!

"While Kawase thinks there is a little crossover, most fans of one Tommy probably have no interest in the other."

She got that wrong didn't she?

And surely the new 'Un-named' project is surely The James Addiction isn't it? or is it something different?
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Sneakglove wrote:Thanks so much for posting Kisen, what a great interview!

"While Kawase thinks there is a little crossover, most fans of one Tommy probably have no interest in the other."

She got that wrong didn't she?

Maybe in Japan the fans are more separate than international fans!
ThomasW
ThomasW

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I love this so much. It's so awesome getting a deeper look into Tommy's personality.
winksniper
winksniper

Female Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down