Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single

4 posters

Go down

Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single Empty Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single

Post by denadel Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi all!

I am discovering Heavenly a few years too late, I guess?

I've been watching the music video for "Pray" lately, and I have my thoughts on the concept. But I was wondering how others interprate the music video?What is up with the dango? The killing of the samurai ghosts? The overall concept?

I also noticed that in the videos for "Ready?" and "pray" there is no tommy february cameo, instead it appears to be the live and dead version of Heavenly?

denadel
denadel

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single Empty Re: Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single

Post by Astrokreep Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:18 am

Honestly, there's no february cameo in most heavenly vids. After "Wait 'till I can dream" february didn't turn up again until a few years later in Lollipop Candy Bad Girl in heavenly's vids. She kept them pretty separate until then.

As for concepts to her vids, I've never spent too much time on it. She never seemed to take her solo project stuff TOO seriously, and was mostly just trying to amuse herself. (Hence why several awkward moments in each video...)
Astrokreep
Astrokreep

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single Empty Re: Pray - Tommy Heavenly's music video for the single

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 pm

After introducing heavenly with the Love Is Forever/Wait Till I Can Dream videolink - It was really only after she stopped producing february releases that february started to pop-up in cameo form in heavenly videos.

Lonely In Gorgeous was 2005, the cameo thing started a year(ish) after that 'silence' with the heavenly halloween and Xmas singles/videos.

february was kind of 'retired' after Lonely In Gorgeous (except for the Cyndi Lauper tribute and the best of releases), I was always bummed we never got a third album, because I thought LIG and was a great single and logical progression of the february6 sound. I think in interviews she said that at the time she started february6 it was new, but 4/5 years later a lot of people were doing the same retro/synthpop thing - and look now, everyone has done it/is doing it!
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrokreep Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:27 am

I remember thinking at the time that if Lonely in Gorgeous was the last february release, I'd be okay with it simply because it was kind of like going out on a really good note.
Astrokreep
Astrokreep

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mAPlayerInTVGames Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Astrokreep wrote:I remember thinking at the time that if Lonely in Gorgeous was the last february release, I'd be okay with it simply because it was kind of like going out on a really good note.
That's true. Smile
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
I'mAPlayerInTVGames

Male Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 am

I really envy you denadel. I remember when I discovered Tommy and TBG. I spent so many fun hours catching up on everything Tommy and watching all the videos.

I agree with the others. In the PV's Tommy just makes it up as she goes along, having fun for herself and her friends. Including them in the videos and just going through phases. I believe she is very impulsive and doesn't care what anybody else thinks of her, even if she does try to please her fans.

In the Pray video, she started the concept of collecting Jellybeans from killing ghosts. That lasted 2 songs. Although the melting ice cream moon was started in the next video, and is still going now with I'M YOUR DEVIL.

I could talk about the PV's all day, but I won't.

Why don't you check out this thread and poll where we discussed this a little more.

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com/t346-your-favourite-tommy-heavenly6-era
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down