Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green.

+18
shizuenjune2
ThomasW
Papermoon
rikku1994
I'mAPlayerInTVGames
ErickAutumn
Synchronicity
scaturan
riyu october3
hidebow
chiew_76
tomoko_chan
sergius
ghitgo
Sneakglove
Anunnunie
EchoLawrence
kilix
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green. Empty Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green.

Post by Sneakglove Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:12 pm

If you could interview The Brilliant Green what questions would you ask?

Now if I can get a decent list of questions, the plan is to try and get it translated into Japanese script with the help of our wonderful translators, and try and get it to the band thru Takayuki Ito at KEN-ON. Anyway, now it's down to you while I try to find a postal address for KEN-ON....

Last edited by Sneakglove on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green. Empty Re: Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green.

Post by kilix Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Waouuh so many questions I will have to ask them that I won't know where to start !
But one I will surely ask (if I could) is "what is your secret to make always such good music ?" !! Surprised

Of course I will clarify this question by asking them questions like:
- "how do you know this or that track is finished ?"
- "how much time, from a to z, to compose one title ?"
- "does Tommy write before, while listening the first notes or after she hears the new composition ?"

kilix

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green. Empty Re: Project - Our interview with The Brilliant Green.

Post by Sneakglove Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Good questions, maybe we could merge that into one questions asking about the song writing and composition process in general.

I think I would ask each member which Buriguri song is their own personal favourite, and why.
Also I would ask Ryo which of his guitar solo's is his favourite. Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Sorry maybe I'm dull, I'd like to ask them who decide the damn cool band name, and what's the meaning on it, it kept me wondering since I love them, maybe some of you could answer my question instantly, but I just want to clear things up! Razz
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:40 am

Sneakglove wrote:
I think I would ask each member which Buriguri song is their own personal favourite, and why.
Also I would ask Ryo which of his guitar solo's is his favourite. Wink

I'd ask this, and who is "malibu convertible", composer of Tommy February!? The truth needs to come out. Twisted Evil
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 am

Anunnunie wrote:I'd ask this, and who is "malibu convertible", composer of Tommy February!? The truth needs to come out. Twisted Evil

Good idea! It's on the list for sure. Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Good news, thanks to Hidebow I have KEN-ON's address, now all I need is more questions from you guys. I could probably think up 10 myself, but I want this to be from the whole group, so get thinking.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:57 pm

I was thinking about this yesterday and I have a few more suggestions ... if you still need some. They aren't that interesting but ...

We know the music that influenced buriguri but what are some present-day artists that the members listen to and do they influence the band? Or would buriguri ever consider putting out an live album or (especially after the past few singles...) an acoustic album? And for Tommy, are most of her lyrics from personal experiences or completely fictional?
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks Anunnunie, both of those questions are good! The first is certainly one I had in mind also, and the 2nd is a very good idea as well. Many thanks! Cool
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:22 pm

I'd like to know what motivated Tommy to start a solo career so different for buri guri, and does she plan to release anymore singles or albums under feburary or heavenly.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Don't worry, I have not forgotton this project. The 10 questions have been written up and I have sent them to hidebow to check and translate into Japanese. All I have to do is write a covering letter to Takayuki Ito (Manager of buriguri) and also to the band themselves. I will let you know when I send the package.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kilix Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Can we know the 10 questions that have been written please ? Very Happy

kilix

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Of course, when I receive my reply from hidebow I will post the finalised questions.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sergius Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:37 pm

isn't "Malibu Convertible" a pseudonym of Tommy herself when she produces her Tommy february6 and other artists' tracks? That's what I had always thought pale
sergius
sergius

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:41 pm

sergius wrote:isn't "Malibu Convertible" a pseudonym of Tommy herself when she produces her Tommy february6 and other artists' tracks? That's what I had always thought pale

The general consensus is that MALIBU CONVERTIBLE is in fact Shunsaku, as he can be seen driving a Malibu Convertible car in both the Rainy Days Never Stays and I'M SO SORRY BABY PV's. It also widely guessed that all (or some of) the Tommy heavenly6 music writers (John White, Lucy Henson, Brian Valentine etc) are all Shunsaku's pseudonyms.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sergius Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Sneakglove wrote:
sergius wrote:isn't "Malibu Convertible" a pseudonym of Tommy herself when she produces her Tommy february6 and other artists' tracks? That's what I had always thought pale

The general consensus is that MALIBU CONVERTIBLE is in fact Shunsaku, as he can be seen driving a Malibu Convertible car in both the Rainy Days Never Stays and I'M SO SORRY BABY PV's. It also widely guessed that all (or some of) the Tommy heavenly6 music writers (John White, Lucy Henson, Brian Valentine etc) are all Shunsaku's pseudonyms.
Wow, I had never thought of that. I always believed that heavenly6 music was in fact produced by foreign producers, because the sound is kinda western-ish.
sergius
sergius

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:05 pm

sergius wrote:
Sneakglove wrote:

Wow, I had never thought of that. I always believed that heavenly6 music was in fact produced by foreign producers, because the sound is kinda western-ish.

Well it is not 100%, but according to our friend in Japan, on the SPACE SHOWER TV performance of Tommy Heavenly6 where Ryo and Shunsaku appeared as backing musicians, during a pause between songs , Tommy asked Shun "So who are you today? Brian, John, Jeffrey?" and Shun said "All of them", which brought a laugh from the audience. Of course, somebody can correct me on the exact interchange, but i'm pretty sure that was the basis of it.

And also remember, Tommy always said that she wanted to keep her solo projects completeley seperate from TBG. So suddenly bringing in Shunskau as a musical producer for all her solo songs would kind of spoil that, it would be like "Oh this is just The Brilliant Green messing around", and of course they would not want anybody to think that, but it seems now that it is maybe not so much of a problem.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 am

Sneakglove wrote:
Well it is not 100%, but according to our friend in Japan, on the SPACE SHOWER TV performance of Tommy Heavenly6 where Ryo and Shunsaku appeared as backing musicians, during a pause between songs , Tommy asked Shun "So who are you today? Brian, John, Jeffrey?" and Shun said "All of them", which brought a laugh from the audience. Of course, somebody can correct me on the exact interchange, but i'm pretty sure that was the basis of it.

Ha, that's funny! I don't think I've heard that before! And it's interesting ... if it's true ...

Honestly, if I ran into any of the brilliant green on the streets, this would be the first question I would somehow get out of them (with my little-to-no-understanding of japanese). Twisted Evil
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:09 am

Anunnunie wrote:
Sneakglove wrote:

Ha, that's funny! I don't think I've heard that before! And it's interesting ... if it's true ...

Honestly, if I ran into any of the brilliant green on the streets, this would be the first question I would somehow get out of them (with my little-to-no-understanding of japanese). Twisted Evil

Don't worry, that question is certainly on the list. Wink
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Ok, the letter will be posted tomorrow. So everybody keep their fingers crossed and wish us good luck!

I will show you the letters. First the covering letter to Takayuki Ito, manager of TBG. This letter will require a signature on receipt, so it will surely get to his office at least.

Dear Mr Ito,

We are the creators of an English language forum dedicated to your clients, Tommy and The Brilliant Green. The members of this forum have got together and come up with 10 questions that they would like to ask Tommy, Shunsaku and Ryo of The Brilliant Green. As most of this group contains westerners who cannot read or speak Japanese, we struggle to find news and stories about our favourite band in Japan so we thought this would be a good way to get them to show their appreciation to their fans outside of Japan, and would also bring us great joy.

We were hoping you could pass on the enclosed envelope to the members of The Brilliant Green, and ask them if they could take a moment out of their busy schedule to answer our 10 questions as best they can.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information or to notify us of any development on this matter.

Ok, inside will be an envelope addressed to The Brilliant Green, and inside will be another letter and the questions. Here they are -
Dear Tommy, Shunsaku and Ryo,

We are the creators of an English language forum dedicated to The Brilliant Green and Tommy and also big fans of your music! The members of the forum have got together and come up with 10 questions that they would like for you to answer. As most of the forum are from outside of Japan, and therefore do not speak Japanese, it is very hard to find out news and information on the band and Tommy, so we thought this would be an excellent way for you to communicate with your overseas fans.

We hope you can take a short break from your busy schedule to answer these 10 questions, as it would bring all your fans from around the world great joy to have you speak to them in this way. Please return the completed questionnaire to either or both of the two addresses on the letterhead, or you can email us the answers to the addresses at the bottom of this letter, thanks!

Finally, as fans, we would like to say a big thank you for all the joy you have brought us with your music, and long may it continue in the future.

1. Why did you decide to call the band The Brilliant Green?

2. Could you please tell us a little bit about the band’s songwriting process?

3. Which songs by The Brilliant Green would each of you rate as being your own personal favourite(s)?

4. Ryo, could you tell us which of your guitar solos your favourite is? Also, what is your favourite solo by another artist?

5. Which other modern day bands from Japan and also the western world influence you at the moment?

6. Have you ever thought about releasing a live album, an acoustic album or even an album of you covering songs by other artists?

7. Tommy, could you tell us your main inspiration(s) when writing your lyrics?

8. Tommy, looking back, why did you decide to embark on a solo career; has it gone as you anticipated, and can we expect more projects in the future?

9. Shunsaku, there is speculation that Malibu Convertible, Brian Valentine, Lucy Henson and other Tommy solo projects’ music writers may all be pseudonyms of yours? Could you tell us for certain that it is indeed The Brilliant Green who created the music of Tommy heavenly and february?

10. Finally, (this is an important question for all of your fans overseas) - will The Brilliant Green ever embark on a world tour, or even just perform some shows in Europe and/or America?
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:56 pm

The letter has been posted today. It is addressed to Takayuki Ito of course, and requires a signature, so it should bypass all the regular fanmail.

You can track the package here -

Royal Mail Track & Trace

Just enter this 13 digit code into the box -

RI797516686GB
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:01 am

This may be absolutely nothing, but a guest was browsing the forum, and when I checked the location of this guest, it was from nearly the exact same spot in Tokyo as KEN-ON's offices (Tokyo 106-0032). Now this may be a coincidence, but who knows....

Google Map of Tokyo 106-0032

Although of course, at the moment the letter is still showing as 'on it's way'.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm so excited! Thanks for organizing and sending this out, sneakglove! I know it's a stretch, but I'm still hoping for some kind of response to this. Very Happy
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Anunnunie wrote:I'm so excited! Thanks for organizing and sending this out, sneakglove! I know it's a stretch, but I'm still hoping for some kind of response to this. Very Happy

Me too *O*
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:49 am

Great work Sneakglove, I'm excited if any of the band members would know they're having us, haha...
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next