Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Tommy your favorite?

+12
doctorsup
jazzbeans
browniethecat
shizuenjune2
Synchronicity
ThomasW
Sneakglove
winksniper
Level masteR
NayaBania6
ErickAutumn
ghitgo
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Tommy(february6, heavenly6 or buri guri) your favorite music?

Is Tommy your favorite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap90%Is Tommy your favorite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 90% 
[ 18 ]
Is Tommy your favorite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Is Tommy your favorite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Is Tommy your favorite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Tommy your favorite?

Post by Sneakglove Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Level masteR wrote:
ThomasW wrote:Let's listen to all of it without guilt =D

Hallelujah!

It's not about guilt, it's about quality and style of music. I just don't like R&B, no matter what country it comes from.

But I guess thats what makes Tommy so special. We all like different types of music, yet we all meet in the middle with Tommy Smile
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Level masteR Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Sneakglove wrote:I just don't like R&B, no matter what country it comes from.

I'm with you there. R&B is not my favorite either, but I do like some of Kumi's songs. But I do love Ayu, as it was with her I discovered the amazing world of J-Pop & Tommy. Smile
Level masteR
Level masteR

Male Number of posts : 105

http://www.shibuya.no

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

hahaha, yea, I got your point... I was just being a little humorous.
(And I actually know some people who are ashamed to admit they like certain songs)

But, seriously, Ayumi Hamasaki and Kumi Koda have got some fun "rock-ish" tunes.

ThomasW
ThomasW

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I think RnB is good but, I like 90s RnB the most. Some people don't. However, if you don't know RnB or get it from the radio, you're probably listening to RnB within the main genre 'pop' and - for example - people who are lovers of hip-hop sometimes get annoyed at hip-hop pop music because they hate it for not being "real hip-hop" -- so it's definitely not the same thing as the pure 'genre' of hip-hop (although that's shaky ground in itself). Anyways, I think pop music (although it's actually my favourite) is a very plain and very samey 'genre', incredibly so even (hence why you get videos like this or pictures like this telling you how simple and basic your music is). No matter if that's rock, hip-hop, Classical or any form of pop music. That's how I see it. =) Again, totally not dissing pop artists.. I actually happen to not care and enjoy it anyways. Some people don't like it though 'cause it doesn't challenge them enough. I'm not someone who wants to be challenged by music, I am content with merely being entertained, ha ha.

ThomasW wrote:Actually, the lyrics to this song are pretty feminist, she's saying she won't let stupid guys "lick her lollipop" cuz they're always mistreating ladies and stuff...
I was more speaking of the lyrics in relation to the visuals in the video - of which I saw ages ago and only a clip of though. However, if I recall correctly, it was pretty suggestive. And I still stick to the FACT that sweets used as a sexual referrence = ergh. Ha ha
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Sneakglove wrote:
shizuenjune2 wrote:tommy heavenly6/february6, katy perry,lady gaga

Mentioned in the same breath? No
Sneakglove, I really don't appreciate you always acting like pop music is the enemy. Especially since in all honestly Tommy is pretty much pop herself, albeit a different form of pop.

I agree that there most definitely is pop music that is totally trashy, and just sex, and that's annoying, but like Lady Gaga for example despite not dressing too classy she herself is a classy lady. She's actually smart, and kind, and an great musician. She doesn't lip sync and is an accomplished pianist. She says in practically every interview she has that she loves her fans, and wants to inspire them to feel beautiful, and to follow their dreams. If you didn't just pass her off as another trashy pop artist you might know that.

Pop isn't the death of intellectual and deep music quite the contrary actually. So many more pop artists these days write all their own songs, and sing about a lot more than sex. You don't have to like Lady Gaga or her music, but you can respect her can't you? Even if she does dress less than, well, covering.

And honestly I don't mind Koda that much at one point I considered myself a fan, I don't anymore. I've like a few songs here and there, but recently I just haven't liked her songs. It's also nice to hear that Lollipop isn't a completely trashy song. Surprised
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 am

The great thing about the internet for those of us who are old enough to remember the days before “netscape”, is that you can now expose yourself to all kinds of music that you could have never heard in the past. The more and more I do this, the more I find great music in all sorts of genres that I never listened to in the old days. So before you dis all R&B,because of the terrible stuff that is on Radio 1 or god forbid American Commercial Radio, go back and listen to groups like Parilament – Funckadelic. This is the stuff that much of modern R&D is based on.

pfunk1
pfunk2

OK you may not like it, but you got to respect a man who is willing to go on stage wearing a diaper. Smile
My point is, keep an open mind and look around. You may be surprised to find all sorts of amazing music out there.
doctorsup
doctorsup

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:58 am

Tommy is my favorite, period. But I also listen to some of the RnB and pop stuff from japan, like Ai Otsuka, Ayumi Hamasaki, and BoA. And i like some indie/rock stuff like Asian Kung-Fu Generation, The Back Horn and The Pillows.

But, my favorite genre is japanese burning spirits hardcore punk bands such as Death Side, Crude, D.S.B, Disclose, and Bastard.

While I mostly listen to japanese bands, I like most genres of music.

And I do like the Beatles.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 am

Sorry if I upset you, but it's just my opinion thats all. That music is rammed down our thoats here, so I hear it once and think "Thats ok", then after I have heard it 3 times a day for a year my opinion has slightly changed...

I hate the celebrity above talent mentality of the UK music industry. As long as your sexy, pretty and have the right personality or are dating a footballer or actor then you are guarenteed a hit. The music seems to come 2nd or 3rd in most cases these days. Gone are the days of bands and singers having to play 3 gigs a day for a year until they get noticed. Nowadays it just takes the right face, or who you know or to appear on x-factor. Sad....

I can see why people like Lady GaGa, she is very talented in her own right and is good at what she does, even if it isn't anything new.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

To be fair, that's probably rather global - that issue with the music industry. I'm sure some of the people in Japan feel that way about Japanese music played on their radios. Although I agree, I don't like celebrity worship much either, I don't even really like the concept of celebrities or pretty much the entertainment industry as a whole on one level, but anyways...

That doesn't make up the majority of the artists, I don't think. A lot of bands do establish themselves by themselves. I mean, I remember the MySpace age. I think Lily Allen and all sorts arose after years of being on MySpace and making themselves known online more. I think Paloma Faith was one of these people - on an Interview I saw - she said it took her seven years to get to where she is, yet people presume she just popped out of nowhere and quickly rose to fame. 'Cause that's how we see it, doesn't mean that's the case. Beyonce had been singing all her life before she formed Destiny's Child with her girl-pals and then also became a successful solo artist. Rappers with their rap battling days on the streets, etc. Chipmunk with S Club Juniors when he was younger, then got into rap music and I guess started rapping with a hip-hop beat. I could really go on for ages, ha ha.

I think the people you are talking about make up the minority. Although I look at some countries in particular and question myself on that statement... ha ha

I'm not sure of Lady GaGa but, I think she praises the gay community for allowing her to climb up to fame. And that's what these people do.. climb. Not anyone, pretty or not, can be famous or produce/sing popular music. I admit, a lot of crap out there, but that goes for anything.

Besides, it's hard to make new music 'cause loads use music so flatly. I am a fan of my music, yet I am happy to criticise it 'cause it's true, in my opinion - although sorry if I'm offending anyone, in advance. Some of the brilliant green songs sound very similar to songs by other artists, likewise with Lady GaGa, I'm sure, and Lee Hyori is always being accused of it.. but it's just a coincidence because there is so much music and it's hard not to when you are coming up with easy stuff using the same instruments and blah blah (although I'm not saying complex stuff can't sound very samey as well). If people used the fluid piano or something that would allow them more freedom with their music, it'd be more interesting perhaps and lots of people would make new sounds -- although the synthesiser was/is a great tool for new sounds, I love it, opened the doors. But Beethoven would be horrified to see how we play his music, we don't use the same tuning he used. He called the tuning we used flat, lifeless and taking the soul out of music (he apparently REALLY hated it). No one knows about that though, ha ha. It all depends on how you feel really, I suppose. I do not think my music is flat and lifeless but, I sympatheise. It is just a case of preferrence perhaps. Ahh, I love music, xx.

Oh and Doctorsup said the same thing I was thinking. You cannae totally rely on the radio for good non-pop music. Particularly popular radio stations.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am

I think a lot of my hate for popular music comes from called a freak, weirdo, hippy etc thorughout my entire life for not listening to the music I supposed to and not wearing the clothes I am supposed to.

We all have different tastes in music, of course I can accept that, and just cos' I don't like it doesn't mean you shouldn't either. A nice healthy discussion about music is fun, until people start slagging off the bands I like!!

One of my pet hates in beating through my wall from my neighbours house now. They only listen to whats on the radio all day, they don't have their own personal taste in music, they listen to whatever is on (i.e. whatever is popular right now).
How I completely respect all you guys and girls is that you have all gone out and discovered your own music you like and not just settled for the norm.

We will not be sheep!
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Ahh, forget about those people of the past and don't let them put such hatred into you! They are silly. I can understand getting stick for not listening to stuff my peers and such listened to though, I do not like the attention I get for listening to foreign/Japanese music sometimes. "Are ALL your songs foreign!? [No]. Okay, try and name an English song you listen to, FROM THE UK OR AMERICA". Ha ha, why do I need to tell them that? Who even cares if I didn't listen to any British or American music - what is it to them? But it is not often I speak of my music anyways, so luckily I'm not bothered too much. Heh, but I can imagine it being frustrating for you if you encountered it often enough!

Ha ha, yes! Each to their own!! We could all diss each other's music but, it wouldn't mean a thing. It would be a pointless discussion. Those people who merely listen to the radio are satisified enough with the radio, it's just their thing and fair enough. I wasn't satisified with just that, so I went looking for other stuff from around the world and from various genres (primarily via watching films and hearing their soundtracks!) - but even by the age of six, I already knew many foreign songs and could sing them if they had lyrics (probably with a very poor accent but still..). My boyfriend wasn't satisfied enough with even doing that, he soon became bored, so he stepped way out of mainstream music and found the abstract and obscure. Not just the underground, great niches, intellectual/art music and all sorts. He then realised he likes hearing new sounds, so he went back to popular and/or underground music but brought back with him microtonality -- a world of a never-ending amount of different tunings. =)

I suppose, as a consequence of him exploring music so much and being a musician, I have become more aware of music myself. Evenso, I still do not wish to dwell into it too much. I am the kind of person who's like, "If it sounds good, I'll take it!". I don't care who it's from, what genre it is or anything like that, good music is good music. I hold no prejudice with meaningless restrictions ["pop music", "metal", "RnB"] and I think everyone is pretty much the same right? - Well, a lot of people here at least! I can't think of a genre I explicitly don't like. Hmm, maybe.. I suppose death metal is not something I have ever got into. I am headache prone though, so I can't even really take that kind of music too well (despite really liking a metal group not too long back, ha ha). Although have you seen some of the drummers!? Like this guy. So fast. And DJs. I like listening to DJs but, I couldn't really picture myself seriously jammin' to their stuff. But check this clip out! Skillz~. I have huge respect for artists who impress me with their skills. Ha ha, I will forever be jealous of opera singers. How I seriously wish I could be opera trained!! Getting me to properly sing would be hard enough. [Sob-sob]. Oh, and I don't like reggae much either... although I like ska-jazz. In fact, add jazz to any genre and I'll probably like it. I'm a sucker for jazzy chords. Seriously.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Haha, what was this topic about again? I forgot. Who started it? The gits have a lot to answer for.

I cannnot say I would listen to anything if it's good, because if I don't like that type of music then it isn't good...

I can't listen to any Dance, rave, techo, hip-hop, modern R&B, Rap. I don't really go for country and western, death or thrash metal, or 70's disco.

Anything decent with a good melody is fine, but I mostly stick to Indie, jangle pop, shoegaze, rock and punk. Even some pop is ok, I can listen to it. But not girl or boy bands!!
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:22 pm

It is a groove discussion of music beyond Tommy and the brilliant green.

Ah, really? I may not like some genres but, I am still able to like a song that's within a genre I am not keen on, if it strikes a goodness in me. It's like, I am most probably not going to like a song if it's within the metal genre. However, that's not to say I definitely can't like not even one metal song - and then, even if I don't like songs, I feel I can also appreciate it's goodness for others too - "I don't like it myself but, I can see how people would like this", kind of thing. I am perhaps more flexible/laid-back than I thought, ha ha!

I was ill once with flu, I was like.. bedbound for a week. Just had no strength to move. The remote was too far away... a telesales advert thing came on, it played country music.. the advert played in a loop for an hour or more. I wanted to kill myself. I do like a few country songs though, but they are songs that hit the mainstream world. I haven't looked into country. E.g., "All My Ex's Live in Texas" - George Strait, HAHA. Okay, I don't like that song really but, I wanted to mention it 'cause it's funny. "If You Could Read My Mind" - Gordon Lightfoot, Dolly Parton, etc.

HAHA, 70's disco. Ha ha! I like some disco(-influenced) music but, not any disco music from the Disco Age that I can recall right now (OH! I really like "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire!!). I do not like 80s music now that you mention it. The 80s sound is mostly cheesy to my ears, cheesy in a way that I just.. don't want to hear it. HAHA, I think it is the thing I am most prejudice about when it comes to music. Yet I enjoy many and actually have an 80s hits album. =P I don't mind being shown 80s music but, if someone told me I could only listen to 80s music, I'd feel sad. More sad than I would be about some other decades.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Here's a screen-shot of my top played songs on iTunes to help me answer this question...

Is Tommy your favorite? - Page 2 39764_1461523469566_1577830192_1103191_3924916_n
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Male Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-08-03

https://ericairline.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 am

Sneakglove wrote:Sorry if I upset you, but it's just my opinion thats all. That music is rammed down our thoats here, so I hear it once and think "Thats ok", then after I have heard it 3 times a day for a year my opinion has slightly changed...

I hate the celebrity above talent mentality of the UK music industry. As long as your sexy, pretty and have the right personality or are dating a footballer or actor then you are guarenteed a hit. The music seems to come 2nd or 3rd in most cases these days. Gone are the days of bands and singers having to play 3 gigs a day for a year until they get noticed. Nowadays it just takes the right face, or who you know or to appear on x-factor. Sad....

I can see why people like Lady GaGa, she is very talented in her own right and is good at what she does, even if it isn't anything new.
I know. All I was trying to say is that opinions can be expressed without possible hurting other people's feelings.

I dunno though, the UK has A LOT more alternative, and interesting, artists than over here in the US. Like Florence + the Machine, Bat for Lashes, Imogen Heap, even Marina & the Diamonds are all successful in the UK, and aren't by any means stereotypical pop music. I also think music is changing. Like have you looked at the artists on the new Eclipse soundtrack? I'm by no means a Twilight fan, but they had totally alternative rock band Metric write a song for them, along with Florence, Bat for Lashes, Beck and more.

And the people that just listen to what's on the radio don't really have a musical taste.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:51 am

I always thought the same as you jazzbeans, as long as I like the vibe it gives to me, I will like pretty much any genre.

After listening to the song, If I get to know what the lyrics say, that can make me like it even more or hate it, there's when I start to decide which songs I like the most or the least. Probably that's why now I'm a lot into spanish indie music, because their lyrics are great and also their vibe is great, I wouldn't change that for anything.

I also love Lady Gaga because of her great performances and her strange philosophy. Also don't know if you knew that, but Lady Gaga mostly used to play Indie music before she was proposed to sing dance music. I also read an interview with her old producer, and he said that she answered an empathic "no" to doing dance music firstly, but that she tried it and liked it. That makes me wonder if she is really enjoying what she does... but well, anyway she's great at what she's doing at the moment.

I don't like house music, and that kind of repetivive music. I can go to a disco and dance for 10 minutes that kind of music, but after that my ears are hurting so much that I want to leave IMMEDIATELY. If there isn't any other hall with rock'n'roll music or mostly mainstream music without remixes and stuff I won't be going to that disco.

Also as you said, maybe I won't like some kind of music, but I can tell why someone would like that kind of music. Maybe because the band's got talent, or because they are very innovative, but that doesn't mean that I have to like them

The Brilliant Green is currently my favourite japanese artist, but I do like a lot more that aren't japanese (check out my list of "spanish indie music").
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by ErickAutumn Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 am

Wow, I seem to hate popular music too.
I have no idea why but whenever a song becomes popular I start to hate it.
Like even songs I use to like.
ErickAutumn
ErickAutumn

Male Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-08-03

https://ericairline.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:37 pm

My friend hates things that become popular too. =) I don't know why, he doesn't know why, but it seems to be quite normal for many.

tomoko_chan wrote:I always thought the same as you jazzbeans, as long as I like the vibe it gives to me, I will like pretty much any genre.

After listening to the song, If I get to know what the lyrics say, that can make me like it even more or hate it...

I also love Lady Gaga because of her great performances and her strange philosophy... she answered an empathic "no" to doing dance music firstly, but that she tried it and liked it. That makes me wonder if she is really enjoying what she does... but well, anyway she's great at what she's doing at the moment.

I don't like house music, and that kind of repetivive music...
Ah! I'm glad there's at least one other person who feels the same way! =D

Ha ha, I am the same with lyrics!! If the music is good enough, then I don't mind but.. some lyrics do put me off songs and I thus don't like to listen to them. It's mostly when they are lyrics that will get me down about something, I don't like that at all.

I think that, if Lady GaGa is anything like me, her taste in music just evolved/changed. If you asked me at age eleven whether I liked the same music I like now, I'd say No. I didn't listen to the kind of music I listen to now back then, likewise with when I was thirteen or sixteen. =P I do still like some of the genres I listened to back then but, not really. Likewise, I did not really like the music I listen to now back then either. So it is quite a change! She probably is enjoying herself, as Synchronicity touched upon, every time I see her (and I don't keep up with her at all), she seems to be very happy and grateful for being able to do what she does. =)

--- Seeing as you introduced some non-Japanese music, I'll put a list of [non-Japanese] stuff that I like (or artists I've heard that I like one or two songs of) and maybe someone will like one of them or will find other artists through them. (The genres I listed are not 100%, not all these artists are that rigid to stick to one thing so, excuse any misrepresentation):

ARTIST (ORIGIN) - "SONG" / GENRE.
Cibo Matto (American) - "Sugar Water" / Trip-hop
Björk (Icelandic) - "There's More to Life than This" / Electronica
Belanova (Mexican) - "Me Pregunto" / Electropop
Cansei De Ser Sexy (Brazilian) - "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above" / Rock; New Wave
Galliano (British) - "Prince of Peace" / Jazz; acid
Little Dragon (Swedish) - "Constant Surprises" / Electronic; Soul
Aphex Twin (British) - "Window Licker" / Electronic
Clazziquai (Korean) - "Tell Yourself" / Electronic; house.
Koop (Swedish) - "Summer Sun"/ Jazz; Pop
Epik High (Korean) - "Love Love Love" / Hip-hop
Wonder Girls (Korean) - "Tell Me", ha ha / Pop
Sevish (British) - "Higgs Boson in my Pocket" / Electronic; drum n' bass, experimental
-M- (= Matthieu Chedid / French) - "Machistador" / Rock; funk
Guru (American)"Plenty" ft. Erykah Badu / Hip-hop; Jazz
Nubla (Spanish) - Día a día / Pop; alternative
Kymppilinja (Finnish) - "Mina" ft. Mariska / Hip-hop
Mew (Danish) - "Introducing Palace Players" / Indie or Alternative rock
Montoto (Spanish) - "El Movimiento" / Pop; alternative?
Lily Allen (British) - "Smile" / Pop; alternative
Fotos (German) - "Fotos" / Indie rock

Hmm, I cannae think of anymore at the moment. But that is enough, I think.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I guess I think kinda like you too jazzbeans
I'm open to any music genre Very Happy
From the 50's 60's to mainstream pop, heavy metal, rock, classical ,rnb, rap.......whatever song that has a good beat and clicks with my mood.
My mood is everychanging so I have a big appetite for music What a Face

and sneakglove, sorry about mentioning tommy and katy and gaga at the same time hehe Razz

Last edited by shizuenjune2 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:09 pm

shizuenjune2 wrote:and sneakglove, sorry about mentioning tommy and katy and gaga at the same time hehe Razz

Thats ok, I was only joking anyway. Sorry for the bad joke...
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 pm

I get the joke haha Very Happy
shizuenjune2
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Papermoon Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 pm

As much as I love Tommy, I listen to other genres as well. Tommy is one of my most favorites though. I'm not really fond of American music except for a few exceptions. Hahaha, I do listen to some Korean and Taiwanese boy and girl groups. Mostly Jpop, Kpop, Cpop for me.

While I think I might listen to some popular music.....I think some less popular singers are just as worthy. Like RURUTIA, for instance. I absolutely love her and I just wish more people knew about her.

But of course, I wish that more people listen to Tommy and buriguri. =)
Papermoon
Papermoon

Female Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-02-26

http://b-r-i-s-e-l.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Coming in late to this conversation but I love seeing everyone's varying musical choices! I think it's interesting how diverse our tastes are, yet we all love Tommy. Or, we all have an appreciation for music.

I just think there is so much great music out there in the world, and it's a shame to limit yourself to language.

But back to the poll, the brilliant green/Tommy is one of my favorite groups but more for their past music rather than the current stuff. My other favorite japanese band is definitely Bump of Chicken. And overall, the Beatles may trump everything. Very Happy

Otherwise, I just love to discover new music, constantly. Other japanese artists I consistently like: Tokyo Jihen, ayaka, Bonnie Pink, Garnet Crow, Yuki, HY, Spitz, hitomi (purely for her 'thermo plastic'), Chihiro Onistuka (pre-"comeback"), Arashi (I know; it's a guilty pleasure), Core of Soul, Kurumi Enomoto and Superfly. Right now, I'm also loving: Janelle Monae, florence + the machine and although I'm not an Orange Range fan, I can not stop listening to "Kizuna" (regular and acoustic versions).
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Anunnunie wrote:And overall, the Beatles may trump everything. Very Happy

Great to hear from you on this sunject Anunnunie, and great to have a Beatles ally. Isn't Help! such an underated movie? We must have a conversation about the fab four at some point. Maybe next time you come to England we can meet up in a Liverpool pub Wink

You seem to have such a wide range in music tastes, but you really should give Noodles and Advantage Lucy a try, I think you will like. If you need me to give you an introduction to these, I will be more than happy.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Only since becoming a Tommy/buri guri fan have my music tastes became more varied. I'll listen to anything that sounds good, except most hip hop, most rave/techno, and the music from mexico that has 6 or 7 people all dressed the same and one of them usually plays the accordion(don't know what it is called). Just most of my music falls into the punk category.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next