Tomoko Kawase Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

+16
Plisskin
hidebow
shizuenjune2
jazzbeans
Dammyf6
Yupgiboy
ThomasW
sailorlum
tomoko_chan
bankiebank
Starryeyed
lonely_louie
ghitgo
Sneakglove
NayaBania6
Synchronicity
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews - Page 4 Empty Re: I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Post by tomoko_chan Mon May 11, 2009 7:05 pm

ghitgo wrote:Why can't people just say "It sucks, I don't like it," and just move on?? It's like some people want to let the world know how much they dislike IKMH every day, just in case we've forgotten.

Well, in some way I don't agree with what you just said. I mean, if they don't like it they are on their own right of saying why they don't like it. It's the same as when I talk about KK, I don't like her and I think I'm on my own right of saying why. In fact I remember FBM complaining before that they just said "it sucks" and gave no reasons.

I think that the important thing is knowing that each of us like it. I don't care what people says, if they don't like it they are on their own right of not liking it, but I won't stop loving it because they say that this is a "career killer". The important thing is that you like it yourself as the kind of music it is, not for being Tommy. Coz, to say the truth, even if it's Tommy, if I don't like something she's done I would sincerely say it, but it's not the case because she surprised me with her new album and for good Cool
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Female Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.lollipopgirl.es.tl

Back to top Go down

I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews - Page 4 Empty Re: I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Post by Synchronicity Mon May 11, 2009 10:11 pm

^ Yes, Tomoko-Chan hit the nail on the head. it's all about A.if you don't like it say why. I don't care if you don't like it "cuz it sucks" it just makes me think you're stupid. B.Don't be rude about it don't say "I don't like it because this was a piece of shit thrown together that should go die somewhere on the side of the road". then I just think you're pmsing, and this is the first thing to set you off. C. we're all entitles to our opinions, but you don't have to listen to them. Honestly 'StupidJpopIdiot24' not liking an Alternative 90's rock album doesn't make me like it less.

I also don't like some Tommy stuff i dislike some February6 stuff, and even some Brilliant Green stuff i never really care to listen to again namely everything on Los Angeles besides the singles...i don't know why, but I just never remember or care about that album...*shruggle*

So it's all opinions, and you don't have to like it, but be polite about disliking it is all.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorlum Tue May 12, 2009 1:58 am

I love that picture of Heavenly dressed as Alice in Wonderland! She should be Alice in the new Tim Burton movie. Razz
sailorlum
sailorlum

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yupgiboy Tue May 12, 2009 2:18 am

I admit, I haven't read a lot of user reviews across the net on IKMH, so I can only go on the people I actually know... and they're pretty much who I described previously. I'm a bit flummoxed about some of those comments posted by Plisskin and I can only imagine they're not the faithful. I mean, Tommy's image isn't commonplace even amongst the average J-pop star of today, I don't believe.

I'm slowly getting used to Tommy's new phase, though I still can't get through the album in one sitting.

That said, since Tommy Heavenly/February seems to have finally come to terms with one another and have jelled as one (the videos seem to confirm that; as does her outfit. The white/black lace gloves and the different leggings suggest half February/half Heavenly), I wouldn't be all too surprised to see future albums billed as "Tommy" alone with no February or Heavenly suffix. I'd like to see that, in fact.

Sorry friend, but I'm still saying the cover is 80's inspired. The
style was first started in the 70's, but the 80's popularized that
particular look with an insane amount of bands copying that image. Then
taking into account Tomoko is a fan of the 80's era of music, I still
say 80's. I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews - Page 4 Icon_jokercolor

It's OK. It's a generational thing, I guess. I'm pushing 40 up a hill (next month!), so I would relate the album cover to something I saw a lot of growing up. The androgyny is early 70's New York Dolls and the cut out words of the title cry The Sex Pistols "Never Mind the Bollicks" album cover style.

Hell, I still view grunge as a carbon copy of the punk and glam I grew up on in the 70's. ...and seeing that Tommy's only 5 years younger than me, well...

Plisskin, they're remaking Escape from NY? You Killed MY Heart!
Yupgiboy
Yupgiboy

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Tue May 12, 2009 1:57 pm

I know, I know. If someone doesn't like it, no matter what I say will make them change their minds. I'm just tired of the people who aren't polite about their dislike.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 pm

check out what this arschloch said about a hopful future tommy relese.

It might be ok if she did something sort of like Namie's 60s 70s 80s. Something with Synth if it's Hev/Feb though.

Or she could explore the exotic sounds of 2009...

"geez while we're at is let's put her in a skank outfit, and have her dance on a poll" was pretty much my response.

people don't get Tommy.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:check out what this arschloch said about a hopful future tommy relese.

It might be ok if she did something sort of like Namie's 60s 70s 80s. Something with Synth if it's Hev/Feb though.

"geez while we're at is let's put her in a skank outfit, and have her dance on a poll" was pretty much my response.

people don't get Tommy.

I agree 100% FBM, WHAT A __________.. I will refrain from insulting the person in question.

Sounds of 2009? What is that anyway? From what I can see it is the same old crap as 2008,2007,2006,2005... I could go on....

Tommy is Tommy and to me, whatever she makes IS the sound of 2009.
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu May 14, 2009 9:35 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:check out what this arschloch said about a hopful future tommy relese.

people don't get Tommy.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL XDXDXD

I like Namie too, but Tommy is ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT from her. I'd be really dissapointed if she turned to be like Namie XDD
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 am

I wasn't even trying to make a dig at Namie, I like her too, but I hate the idea of Tommy being like a current pop artist. It's so not her.
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu May 14, 2009 11:55 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:I wasn't even trying to make a dig at Namie, I like her too, but I hate the idea of Tommy being like a current pop artist. It's so not her.

+1! That's what I meant, I wouldn't like Tommy so much if she were the same as the "typical" thing we have in mind when we think about jpop.
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Thu May 14, 2009 11:58 am

Agreed.
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Thu May 14, 2009 7:07 pm

tomoko_chan wrote:Well, in some way I don't agree with what you just said. I mean, if they don't like it they are on their own right of saying why they don't like it. It's the same as when I talk about KK, I don't like her and I think I'm on my own right of saying why. In fact I remember FBM complaining before that they just said "it sucks" and gave no reasons.

I think that the important thing is knowing that each of us like it. I don't care what people says, if they don't like it they are on their own right of not liking it, but I won't stop loving it because they say that this is a "career killer". The important thing is that you like it yourself as the kind of music it is, not for being Tommy. Coz, to say the truth, even if it's Tommy, if I don't like something she's done I would sincerely say it, but it's not the case because she surprised me with her new album and for good Cool
Precisely. That's how I feel about all my music.

I listen to things because I like them, everyone's free to give their opinions. Criticism (good or bad) is swell - when civil, I guess.
It doesn't even necessarily mean I don't like the artists. All artists I listen to have done at least a couple of songs I don't like.
This album is not popular to a few people... so? I wouldn't say I liked it, but it's not that terrible to me. Evenso, I listen to
some music that people would think is AWFUL (hey, Spice Girls had some good tunes..). But I don't care 'cause I enjoy it~

It's all about being comfortable with your own music. I'm not embarrassed by anything I listen to, even if it's seen as lame =P
Someone saying to me that an album is a career killer (even though I'm on more leaning on the side of "Dislikers for I Kill My
Heart", I don't get why people think it'll kill her career) wouldn't affect me whatsoever, so we should all calm the frick down.

Tommy can do what she likes. With a lot of artists, if they dramatically change genres (my friend felt this with Nelly Furtado,
"I'm Like a Bird" to "Maneater"..) they will lose a few existing fans but then gain new ones anyways. But the old fans will love
the old stuff forever regardless - pressuming they haven't lost their love for whatever genre that artist is in.

At the moment, I enjoy listening to Tommy and the brillliant green very much... all that matters to me.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-30

http://myhome.cururu.jp/jazzbeans/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu May 14, 2009 9:04 pm

You've just said all I think about this topic! XD Sometimes I wish I could write in english everything I think, but I have to write it easier >.<

A big "OLÉ!" to you! ^^

This makes me think of when He who shall not be named said that I was listening TOO MUCH Ayumi XDD I love her, even if it's completely the opposite to Tommy. Not for being "the faaamous jpop singer Ayumi Hamasaki that everyone must listen and adore", but just because I like her music ^^

P.S: Lol Sneaky... when did you put that "He who shall not be named"? XDDDD I love it!! ♥
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove Thu May 14, 2009 9:13 pm

tomoko_chan wrote:P.S: Lol Sneaky... when did you put that "He who shall not be named"? XDDDD I love it!! ♥

Haha, at last!! I have been waiting for that to happen for a very long time now. I thought Tommy would enjoy the Harry Potter reverence, although of course Voldermort is slightly more agreeable than the person we are referring too. I did it about the same time as we had a new member called Xilik appear on the forum;) Anyway, thats enough publicity to the bloke, he has a big enough head as it is pirat

P.S. Just checking, but is Voldermort referred to as 'he who shall not be named' in other countries versions of harry Potter too?
Sneakglove
Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

https://forevertommy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm

tomoko_chan wrote:You've just said all I think about this topic! XD Sometimes I wish I could write in english everything I think, but I have to write it easier >.<

A big "OLÉ!" to you! ^^

This makes me think of when He who shall not be named said that I was listening TOO MUCH Ayumi XDD I love her, even if it's completely the opposite to Tommy. Not for being "the faaamous jpop singer Ayumi Hamasaki that everyone must listen and adore", but just because I like her music ^^
It's funny 'cause your English looks native to me =)

Ha ha, exactly. I listen to Pop a lot. Pop everything~~ but I get criticised for it at times.
However, it just HAPPENS to be that most of my music is Pop-[Something] and mainly Japanese.
It used to be mainly American 20s - 50s music actually. But, you know, a good song is a good song. Ha ha!

My friends thought Tommy february6 was a joke. They thought that the video for "Lonely and Gorgeous"
was a joke video that she made, as a YouTube user!! When they noticed that I listened to her a lot, they
couldn't believe it. They spoke about it for months.

"How can you listen to her so much? It's so cheesy and awful"
I just responded by singing a Feb.6 song whilst dancing around like a madman. They hated that...

Fun times indeed
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Thu May 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Sneakglove wrote:
P.S. Just checking, but is Voldermort referred to as 'he who shall not be named' in other countries versions of harry Potter too?

Yes it is ^^ In Spanish is called "aquel-que-no-debe-ser-nombrado", and in Catalan as " l'innominable" which means exactly the same than in english XD (I read the books in Catalan, so I'm used to the 2nd one)

jazzbeans wrote:
I just responded by singing a Feb.6 song whilst dancing around like a madman. They hated that...

Fun times indeed

XDDDDD
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorsup Fri May 15, 2009 2:38 am

I been following Tommy for the past two years, but I wonder if she got the same sort of criticism as today when she came out with the first February songs.
doctorsup
doctorsup

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorlum Fri May 15, 2009 5:15 am

I'm the same way with my music - if I like it, I listen to it and don't care what anyone else thinks of it. (Although when on I car trip, I try to play songs that everyone likes or at least doesn't hate).
sailorlum
sailorlum

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 am

- Yeah, same. In front of others, who don't like my music..
I play my more agreeable ones. No one seems to like Jazz music!!

Good point Doctorsup! Perhaps it was the same.
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity Fri May 15, 2009 10:49 am

^ugh my parents like jazz music. it bores the living crap out of me. that and classical...they like that too. My parents are total nerds! haha! then again so am I...

Electronica & Rock please! (although not synth electronica...I can only handle so much of that).

And Tomoko-Chan Ayumi Hamasaki is super cool!!! She's not a slut, and sings about meaningful, and nice things a lot. Now if there was too much KK, an intervention might be needed, but that's a different story! Laughing
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by tomoko_chan Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:
And Tomoko-Chan Ayumi Hamasaki is super cool!!! She's not a slut, and sings about meaningful, and nice things a lot. Now if there was too much KK, an intervention might be needed, but that's a different story! Laughing

That's what I think! But when I say it people look at me and say something like "blablablabla crap blabla pop" and refuse listening any more Ayumi ^^U Some of her lyrics are really deep, and she's become famous not for showing legs or being a slut, but for her singing.

Also, from what I know about her (that is a lot, because I have a friend who is probably her number one fan in Spain XD) she's a hard-working girl (well, she says she's "workaholic" XDD) and also takes a lot of attention to her fans (you know, the Team Ayu thing XD). And also a BIG proof of that she loves what she is doing is that after becoming leaf of one ear she's still singing and giving her best ^^ (Also I remember the last Countdown concert, in which she had to dance with a broken hand o.o)

Isn't this becoming too offtopic? XDD
tomoko_chan
tomoko_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzbeans Fri May 15, 2009 11:41 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:^ugh my parents like jazz music. it bores the living crap out of me. that and classical...they like that too. My parents are total nerds! haha! then again so am I...

Electronica & Rock please! (although not synth electronica...I can only handle so much of that).
=P To be honest, even your parents wouldn't like my jazz music probably.
NOT EVEN JAZZ LOVERS LIKE MY JAZZ MUSIC. It's Pop-Jazz, Ska-Jazz, Nu-Jazz... Basically, it's not traditional jazz.
I'm also a fan of swing music, the jazz fans I know would never touch that genre. Very alone in my taste. [Cries].
Would love to meet another SOIL&"PIMP" Sessions fan or something. ^^

In any case, at least I like stuff that other people like as well, so I can share the love of that.
Electronica and Rock? Do you know -M- (Matthieu Chedid)? First artist I thought of when I read that. Maybe Funk?
(I am TERRIBLE with music genres, can I just say.. but I think it's funk-rock). My favourite song, "Machistador"
or "Monde Virtuel". He's very popular in France, every French person I've met loves him... In fact, after telling my French
teachers I listened to him, they became very friendly to me. Lent me CDs and everything!

I looked at my CD for Bjork (I love Bjork..), she's electronica. Is this genre like Royksopp, Radiohead.. Moby.. etc?

Yeah, it is off-topic! Sorry, xx
jazzbeans
jazzbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Anunnunie Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm

doctorsup wrote:I been following Tommy for the past two years, but I wonder if she got the same sort of criticism as today when she came out with the first February songs.

She DEFINITELY did. Well ... I should rephrase that. From some of the brilliant green overseas fan perspective - that I saw and was involved in - when she took on her solo career, there was definitely criticism. Whenever the lead singer of a band goes "solo," there's always mixed feelings with that decision. And it is such a polar opposite of the brilliant green that I know it took me at least a year to truly appreciate Feb6.

Back then, I remember Feb6 bringing in new fans and I was like "NOOOOOOOO Listen to the brilliant green instead!!" Haha~ Laughing
Anunnunie
Anunnunie

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence Fri May 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Anunnunie wrote:
Back then, I remember Feb6 bringing in new fans and I was like "NOOOOOOOO Listen to the brilliant green instead!!" Haha~ Laughing

Yes, me too. First thought came to my mind was Tommy is a beauty with or without wearing glasses, but she should be rock, I refuse to listen to her february6 project quite a long time. Soon I realize I love her voice no matter what she sings~

One thing 'bout the latest album, the last page of the booklet stated Musiciasn: Guitar: Chiffon Brownie(Shunsaku Okuda), but what can I smell is Ryo's guitar signature sound, particularly some of the tracks, Ryo's spirit is appear in that stunning solos.

Am I think too much? I must admit I miss Ryo, I love all of the tracks Ryo ever written LOL!!
and if Ryo is not involved with this album, why he needed to be named K-Smith, and mentioned at the last page?
Still confused me...
EchoLawrence
EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo Fri May 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, what does K-smith have to do with Tommy? Is it a part of meister or something?
ghitgo
ghitgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next